• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How did you find EN World?

Len

Prodigal Member
Elephant said:
I found the site because of Neverwinter Nights. Someone posted a link to Sepulchrave's Story Hour on one of Bioware's forums a while back.
Same here, except the link was posted on Neverwinter Connections (by Lazybones).

driver8

First Post
Dumb luck circa 2000 or 2001. Was googling for info about specific rules of 3e, before its release and stumbled upon it.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I think I was reading another website back in 2000 which directed me to Eric's page.

I know it wasn't a search engine that found it, but someone posting in either a newsgroup or a report on the upcoming 3E (a late Gencon report in 2000 maybe?) directed me to Eric's page.

Uzumaki

First Post
Several months before 3e came out, I found Eric's page. Pretty early in 2000, I think. Then I went away, and found it again a few months later. Didn't start looking at the forum for quite a while, though; I had a 28.8 modem and all of the threads were on one page. :confused:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Came here from an unrelated site (about CP2020).

A mutual member of the time was engaging in a forthright discussion here about good drow. A few members from there found out about and dropped in by which time it had turned into a flame war - which many of them joined in. I dropped by and lurked for a bit then decided to pick up some 3.0E books and take a look, having never played any version of D&D before.

I still haven't played tabletop.

Emiricol

I stumbled onto Eric's site while considering getting back into D&D. Coincidentally, right as his site was gearing up tracking all the 3E news before the 3.0 launch. Been here ever since :)

DaveStebbins

First Post
I was a member of the ADnD-L list through the late '90s. Just after 3E was announced, WotC started DnD-L on their own server, so I joined that list within the first week or two it existed. Soon after that, someone mentioned Eric's 3E rumors site and I've been hooked ever since.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
My group had a few people who had already found Eric's site. They hooked me up with the skinny.

Editted to add:
Specifically macbrea, beliam, and mal2. However they don't hang here much anymore as we don't play d20 currently. I cruise the general discussion threads to kill time waiting on various PnP threads to load. Also I like the info.

Last edited:

Remove ads