• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do 'good' characters do 'good' deeds in your campaign?

cthulhu_duck

First Post
How do 'good' characters do 'good' deeds in your campaign?

'Evil' deeds are easy to spot - but 'good' deeds per the alignment section of the SRD seem far harder for your average 'adventurer' to achieve?

pawsplay

Hero
Frankly, my PCs are always dancing on the knife's edge of tempation. Doing good is an accomplishment when you sometimes find yourself sitting on top of a powerful, evil artifact, with no one to stop you from using it...

Aus_Snow

First Post
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.
These things are for lesser men.
Protect the weak against the evil strong.
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.
Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender.
It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.

Or something along those lines. Particularly if you happen to be Paladin-like at all.

Graybeard

Explorer
In my campaign it is also about not killing every bad or evil person in the world. Sometimes it is necessary but if you want to keep your "good" alignment, you need to turn over bad people to the law enforcement as often as possible.

cthulhu_duck

First Post
Vigilance said:
By kicking the tail of evil guys, and then looting the bodies.
This isn't civics class!

(The New Zealander wonders WT? 'civics class' is...)

I think what I was wondering was how do you differentiate the 'good deeds' that a good character does that a neutral or evil character doesn't normally do?

I'm quite happy to allow the occasional act that seems the opposite of the character's alignment - but if you're playing a supposedly good character, but acting overly neutral or evil, then what deeds would you point a player at as being in the line of 'good deeds'?

Remove ads