• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I change the format of time/date?

silvermane

Explorer
How do I change the format of time/date displayed? On phpBB forums it is done by php variables, but there are no such options here. I find yy-dd-mm cumbersome to say the least.

silvermane

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I'd love to know as well..... There's one poster that I know of who puts the date in the Faerunian calendar. I'd love to either do that or Stardates.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You mean on the forum display screens? It's customisable globally, but I don't think it can be done on a per-user basis. At least, not that I'm aware of.

Michael Morris

First Post
It is possible to allow a per user setting, but it would be controlled by the rules of the php date() function. That allows for pretty much any format you can come up with. I don't know how useful this would be though, because I don't know how many users would be willing to read the instructions on that page and use them to construct a custom date screen (the instructions are clear to me, but I'm a programmer).

Gez

First Post
Michael Morris said:
It is possible to allow a per user setting, but it would be controlled by the rules of the php date() function. That allows for pretty much any format you can come up with. I don't know how useful this would be though, because I don't know how many users would be willing to read the instructions on that page and use them to construct a custom date screen (the instructions are clear to me, but I'm a programmer).

I would be willing.

You know, a fair number of the users here are geeks. :p

Those that are bothered enough by the month-day-year format are able to make that little effort.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads