• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I find a Chat based game online?

wysiwyg

First Post
Can someone help direct me to a forum that is specifically geared towards finding an online chat based (3.5) D&D game?

I'm getting quite bored with the concept of PbP as I feel it's too slow and tedious. I feel that PbP is just not for me. I'd prefer to have a real-time game with encounter's and roleplaying done much quicker as we all did in the past with our tabletop games.

I know that there are some chat based games out there that use certain online tools for maps, dice, etc. But I don't know how to find a game that I could join. If someone can help I'd be really grateful.

Thank in advance.

Dragonwriter

First Post
It can depend largely on what program you use. As I recall, RPTools has a Forum section on their website devoted to finding/setting up games. OpenRPG is a pretty good program that I've used for a few years now and it has a forum for recruiting players. I'm not familiar with any others (and actually haven't used RPTools' stuff), but each program should have a forum.

Remove ads