How do I roleplay 'creepy?'

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Give him the habit of talking to himself. That way all of his creepy internal thoughts get to shine through. e.g. "That man looked at me in a disrespectful fashion. I should kill him. No, my errand is urgent. I'll come back and kill him in his sleep if it's convenient"

heirodule

First Post
Another Terminator roleplay point is to constantly and smoothly pan your eyeballs from left to right without moving your head.

shilsen

Adventurer
Creepy? Just gently stroke the thigh of the player sitting closest to you.

Of course, you might get to roleplay 'wounded' very shortly afterwards, but we must all suffer for our art, mustn't we?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Tell everyone the brutal truth, regardless of any empathy or social decency.

And if you receive anything less than 100% honesty from someone, treat it as a serious affront.

Suggest, as it's only logical, that is is only the threat of punishment that restrains your actions.

Avoid any kind of empathic contact with others. For example, you might let slip that you prefer the "business company" of consorts as opposed to all the unpleasant entanglements that come with real relationships.

"Jim, what do you think we should do next?"

Creepy: "I think we should scar the wee one, if one wishes to be a fighter, one must look like a fighter."

"Jim, hurry come help me, these orcs are killing me!"

Creepy: "No, there is one hiding in the woods, me means me harm. Do not fret however, should you perish I will wear your right femur as a display of your loss."

"Jim, I think the door is trapped."

Creepy: "Open the door and prove yourself to be correct then! Your stalling hinders my completion of this quest."

Chaldfont

First Post
Mark CMG said:
When someone asks a question, look at them right away with no expression but mentally count to five before you answer. Make sure to answer even if they have begun talking again.

This is awesome. Silence really freaks people out. It messes up all the normal social queues that tell you when it's your turn to talk or if your listener is interested in what you are saying.

You can also always look people right in the eye. Hold your gaze right on their eyes while they are talking. It makes people nervous as hell.

Kormydigar

First Post
For a great creepy brick (construct or otherwise) rent the movie " Miller's Crossing" and study The Dane as played by J.E. Freeman. It is all the creep you will ever need.

Asmor

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Tell everyone the brutal truth, regardless of any empathy or social decency.

And if you receive anything less than 100% honesty from someone, treat it as a serious affront.

Suggest, as it's only logical, that is is only the threat of punishment that restrains your actions.

Avoid any kind of empathic contact with others. For example, you might let slip that you prefer the "business company" of consorts as opposed to all the unpleasant entanglements that come with real relationships.

Excellent idea, many thanks!

Dragonbait

Explorer
similar to looking over their shoulder when they are talking to you - look through them. Stare at a point beyond their face when you are communicating with a PC. This might be hard to do, but it can be done.

Janx

Hero
you might try this, to see how it sounds:

take a empty tin can (can of soup or something)
clean the can off. Sand the edge, so you're less likely to cut yourself.
use a can opener to cut most of the other end off, do not fully remove the end. You want to leave it hanging by a few hairs (not so weak it'll fall off)

Talk into the open end. The lid at the other end will rattle and baffle the sound, it should give a metal robot flavor to your voice.

Also, try to speak in a bassier voice (you're a metal robot, don't sound whiny).

I picture any of the "robot" races as being inhuman, possibly devoid of feeling or emotion. Kinda like playing a vulcan. Certainly doing things like the 5 second pause will make the PC seem alien.

To play up the robot aspect, making recommendations on "resource expenditures" and such, dehumanizing any other character can go a long way. When one PC says, "hey let's take these guys prisoners", you could reply, "Negative. It is a waste of resources to maintain these biologicals." or similar kinda responses.

A robot could have no regard for human life, exemplified by not wanting to spend resources helping them or keeping them alive. He wouldn't kill the humans out of spite, he'd kill a downed opponent because he has no further use for it, and does not want to spend resources maintaining its existance. The downed opponent has no further use, because to the robot, it is an inferior entity, and can provide no further value.

Remove ads