• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I throw people?

Engilbrand

First Post
When it comes to minions, all bets are off. In our games, if you hit a minion, you can describe anything that you want with your weapon. If I want to do something with my hand, though, I make a normal unarmed attack, then describe from there. On a hit, I may grab and snap a neck, or flip the enemy over my back. Who cares?
With a normal guy, though, you can't do that. They're trained so well that you'll rarely be able to get them, unless you've trained fairly extensively. What does that mean? It means that you need to find a power that you can describe in a way that makes you happy. Maybe you throw some flavor in any time a guy is knocked prone. Why not?
Also, remember that "prone" is a condition that does not necessarily mean "having the front or ventral part downward; lying face downward". It means, for 4e, that a creature has some mechanical penalties because something has happened to them. Yes, it is perfectly possible and reasonable within the rules for a flying creature to be "prone". Not prone, but "prone". Some people might disagree with that, but the idea is tied to the whole idea of reflavoring or reskinning things.

JBeatnik

First Post
for a flying creature to be considered 'prone', imho, it would be unbalanced and/or faltering in flight and need to spend time 'righting itself' much like a prone land-dweller spends time 'righting himself' on his ground bound legs.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
I would make it a special attack the creature has - how far it could throw and how much damage (and what effects) the throw would have depend on what level and type the monster is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads