• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do the movies stack up so far...

LightPhoenix

First Post
Well, comparing them to each other, my short, short list would be...

Eternal Sunshine: 10
Shrek 2: 9
Kill Bill Vol. 2: 8.5
Harry Potter: 8
Hellboy: 6
Troy: 1

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Here we go:

The Passion of the Christ: 10
Hellboy: 6
Van Helsing: 7
Troy: 6
Harry Potter: 7
Eternal Sunshine: 7
Secret Garden: 8
Dawn of the Dead: 5
Shrek 2: 6
The Butterfly Effect: 3 (well, i liked it, but due to who i saw it with i have bad memories of it)

Balrog

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Only reason I picked at it is because I feel that Shrek 2 should be the benchmark. ;)

of the movies released since the beginning of the New Year, I have to agree with you that perhaps Shrek 2 is the benchmark, but I also put PASSION at the top, for different reasons. I felt very moved emotionally and spiritually by that movie, whereas while I thoroughly enjoyed Shrek2, it was just a notch below PASSION. In a different year, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with ya, but I still give the edge to PASSION so far, IMHO.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What I Have Seen:
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King – 11
Hidalgo - 10
Chronicles of Riddick – 9
Hellboy – 9
Shrek 2 – 8
Troy – 8
Van Helsing - 7
The Day After Tomorrow – 7
The Whole 10 Yards - 6
Walking Tall - 6
The Butterfly Effect - 5

What I Want to See:
Around the World in 80 Days
Bubba Ho-Tep
Garfield: The Movie (cheap theater only)
Kill Bill: Vol 2
The Girl Next Door
The Punisher
Spider-Man 2 (10 days until it opens!)

Last edited:

GSHamster

Adventurer
Recent movies I've seen:

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - 9
Lost in Translation - 9
Shrek 2 - 8
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 8
The Passion of the Christ - 7
Van Helsing - 4

Enchantress

First Post
I thought that Van Helsing was actually a really good movie. The only thing about it that really bugged me was that I had always pictured Dracula as very cold, calculating, and controling. He seemed like a very emotional being for someone who was complaining that he feels nothing. But all in all, I thought it was at least deserving of an 8. By the way, did anyone else notice that the bride with most cleavage got the biggest part? That kinda made me laugh. :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads