• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do we want to do scheduling threads?

The_Universe

First Post
Liz and I spoke of this briefly, but I thought I'd just ask. How do we want to do scheduling threads? We can either have a single, sticky thread where we're just handling a running schedule, or we can do as I'm doing right now, and just have a scheduling thread for every specific session.

What do you guys think? I don't care one way or the other.

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Would the "sticky thread" contain all history or would you be "wiping it?"
It would contain the history. No real point in wiping it (which sounds like a vague potty-humor joke, now that I think about it).

cuteasaurus

First Post
Hehehe...yeah...anyway, I guess I'd prefer seperate threads. However, when I think about it, I really don't have a reason except that it'd be easier to go back to a seperate thread than "wade" through past pages of the same sticky thread.

Edit: Something I just thought of...if we want to schedule 2 groups or schedule 2 times at the same time (or even some overlap) it seems like sep. threads would be less confusing. For example: Chris is probably coming out the weekend of the 26th for my birthday...If I wanted to ask if people could game then in the sticky thread and the discussion for this weekend were still going on...it could get messy.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Hehehe...yeah...anyway, I guess I'd prefer seperate threads. However, when I think about it, I really don't have a reason except that it'd be easier to go back to a seperate thread than "wade" through past pages of the same sticky thread.

Edit: Something I just thought of...if we want to schedule 2 groups or schedule 2 times at the same time (or even some overlap) it seems like sep. threads would be less confusing. For example: Chris is probably coming out the weekend of the 26th for my birthday...If I wanted to ask if people could game then in the sticky thread and the discussion for this weekend were still going on...it could get messy.
Good point.

And, as a sidenote, the weekend of the 24-26 is the next logical time to play this game. So, barring something crazy, I definitely think we should play then. :)

I think I'd prefer a single, sticky thread for scheduling because it is a thread that you should not have to wade through (like an IC conversation or discussion of some aspect of the game).

Kennon posts the possible date of play, and everyone else says whether or not they are avaliable.

However - if we merged all of the "old" threads after the game took place into like an archive of old scheduling threads, it could work out pretty well.

Remove ads