• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General How do you navigate the forums?

How do you navigate round here?

• Main new posts list of all forums/Community

Votes: 52 36.9%
  • Forum list and then subforum of my choice

Votes: 60 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bookmark specific subforum(s)

Votes: 21 14.9%

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
I click the drop down on community and then click D&D, like the attached image.

Attachments

• HowIDoIt.png
    HowIDoIt.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 59

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I keep a tab open for each of my most frequently used forums. Then I occasionally open a “Show All” tab for my alerts.

And I keep tabs open for certain threads I want to wallow in. (And no, they’re probably not the ones you think.’

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Both the first two options...community for just general chit chat, sub-forums to dig around were there may be less posting, but the posting might be more interesting, at least at that moment.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Ah. I'm referring to the little down-arrow next to 'Community', which I always thought was what the community header was there to highlight. I never realized Community itself was a link to anything.
yeah I certainly don't use the button itself, but since @Morrus didn't include (Check "My Threads" and then "Threads I've Posted In" and then "New Posts" if I run out of new things to read) I felt like the first answer was closest to what I actually do.

I don't think I've clicked on a forum header to see what is up in a specific forum...at least since the forum tech changed. I barely remember how the old forums worked, because ADHD is, for me, a curse that turns my memories into kittens that refuse to be sorted to sit still and can, at any random moment, fall on my head from seemingly nowhere.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I go to community -> forum list. Then I pull up the main 3 forums I read.
Seeing responses like this has caused me to realize that the forum list might as well literally not exist for me. I forget it's there unless I accidentally click on it.

I'm very curious about this difference, especially seeing how evenly split it is.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So at present 56% of people filter content down to subforms (either via the forum list or via bookmarks), 39% look at the full feed, and 15% do something else. That's interesting. Personally, I never use subforms any more--I just look at the full feed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads