• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E How Do You Plan to Fix 4E?

Oh noes! Something in 4E is broken! What will you do?

• Nothing. It's just a game, I can cope.

Votes: 101 28.1%
  • Play something else. There's lots of other games out there.

Votes: 40 11.1%
  • Change the way my game works to make it more compatible with the rule.

Votes: 36 10.0%
  • Find others who have the same problem, and collaborate with them for a solution.

Votes: 74 20.6%
  • Complain loudly to anyone who will listen.

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Write the designers at WotC, and ask for errata/suggestions to fix it.

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Fix it with a houserule.

Votes: 198 55.0%
  • Demand an apology from the designers for ruining my game.

Votes: 13 3.6%
  • Buy every splatbook released until I find an "official" solution.

Votes: 13 3.6%
  • Ask hong.

Votes: 97 26.9%
  • Play 3.5E until someone "fixes" it for you.

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Question everything I have ever loved about the game, and try to see where I went wrong.

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Call my attorney.

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • I will not have this problem, because I will not be playing 4E.

Votes: 32 8.9%
  • Other, because I am compelled to always select the "Other" option in polls here.

Votes: 36 10.0%
  • Other, as described in my post.

Votes: 10 2.8%

Brown Jenkin

First Post
GoodKingJayIII said:
I don't understand this poll. Will the process be markedly different from house ruling any other game?

Yes, in this version the WotC Ninjas (tm) will immediately come to your house and take back all the 4e stuff if you make a houserule.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Irda Ranger said:
I'm not sure is "ask hong" was included as a joke or not, but I often find it's a very productive and helpful thing to do. He's a statistician, you know.
Only a little. Sure, I'm picking on him a bit, and he can be snarky when he wants to be, but the Iron Pimp usually has good insight into the way that games work and how they could work better. I figured he would be a good stand-in for the "ask someone on ENWorld for advice" option.

Nifft is also a good go-to guy for suggestions and feedback, but he seems to focus mostly on the 3.x stuff.

Dragonbait

Explorer
I don't know who or what Hong is, but I feel compelled to want to have his babies. This is extra consternating because I am neither a female or a load-bearing truck. :area:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I'd go with Houserules. I will probably be doing lots of houserules/aesthetic changes anyways for my campaign-world (after playing a more RAW oriented adventure) given how different it is from normal fantasy worlds.

Agamon

Adventurer
Irda Ranger said:
I'm not sure is "ask hong" was included as a joke or not, but I often find it's a very productive and helpful thing to do. He's a statistician, you know.

Hey, hong, what do you think of this?

lutecius

Explorer
probably won't play 4e, but will stick around anyway and whine until every last 4on sees the errors of his ways.

More seriously, I will probably give it a try as is but can't see myself buying the books. There are already so many things that rub me the wrong way that I feel like a krenshar.

The dealbreakers are so tied to the design philosophy and the core of the game that they would be impossible to ignore and houseruling them would be too much effort.

Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to a new edition, well before it was announced, and there are many things i do like about 4e.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
You forgot:
"A blow torch."
"I will recall Gary Gygax from the grave."
"I will subject it to enough [insert your most hated form of entertainment, preferably D&D related, here] until it cries for its mommy."

Ace

Adventurer
I probably won't be playing 4e but if I do from what can tell I really will only be using 1 house rule -- Backgrounds

Each player will have a background (place of birth, secondary skills etc) that can be used as a trained skill --

I'll likely require that it fit the skills the character has of course but say you are playing a Seafolk Wizard -- I can't see why you can make a skill check to do nautical stuff

same with say a Lumberjack (who is OK, spare me the reference) turned Warlord -- he could roll to cut a tree or whatever

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads