• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you read PDFs

How do you usually read PDFs?

• I primarily read off the screen (though I may print out sections)

Votes: 116 67.8%
  • I usually print out the whole document

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Varies

Votes: 28 16.4%

Psion

Adventurer
Both?

For my own persual, it's on screen. But if it is a supplement with character options, I print out a copy (or pages of the appropriate section) to pass around the table.

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Most of my PDF stuff is read on screen. However, when I start using the material regularly, I usually print it out, since paper remains more practical than a computer and screen (even with the size of laptops these days). :)

Ruined

Explorer
I have the good fortune to have a friend who works in a shipping office. Talk about misappropriation of company resources!! But it's much easier for me to sit back with a book in hand and read.

I do like having the PDFs handy though, in case I need to misappropriate some time and work on my campaign at the office. :D

Harlock

First Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The old B&W Laser printer is my friend. I print .pdfs and read them. It's cheap for me so I tend to print all my .pdf files be they erratta, web enhancments or ebooks from my favorite electronic publishers like Ambient (now part of EN Publishing).

Print out and read later. I sit in front of a computer all day, so the last thing I want to do when I get home is fire up the old Win95 PC at home and read more off the screen. Working at a university library has its perks, cheap printing being one of them. (a super-fast connection for downloads being another:) ) I also make a backup copy on CD to keep on file at home, should I need to print off an additional page or 2. For the couple of PDFs that I use regularly in game (BoEM, BoEM2) I have gone so far as to have them spiral bound with a plastic cover, that way I don't lose pages and they fit on the shelf nicely.

ElMorte

Explorer
I do both.

First i read them on-screen (PC or Laptop [very comfortly in bed])
or i print some of them out at work (adventures mostly).

Kahuna Burger

First Post
This is a great poll, which I was thinking of posting myself in a slightly different form.

Some publishers include 2 different PDFs when you buy them, one for fancy printing one much plainer. Personlly I think they should instead include one printable copy and one screen use copy - cause if I have to read one more PDF section by scrolling three times per page (down to the bottom, up to the top of the next collumn and down again) and can't see images all at once, I'm gonna pop a vein in my head. :mad:

(well, not that bad, but its not like I have a small monitor or anything, the two collumn format is just dumb for a computer read product)

Kahuna Burger

PS, I transfer things to my pda too, and a pure text format would be great (but not always suffcient, I transfered part of the SRD over and it was a formating nightmare...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads