• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you stop an Assassin's poisoned dagger

Nork

First Post
Wait till they run out?

Not really understanding why you need to stop them. They are a striker striking. One way strikers strike is to deal damage even on a miss.

Neverfate

First Post
A Red Scales assassin can use Poisoned Dagger to deliver poison even on a miss. So, how do you stop it?

So you want to remove a mediocre at best class's few solid mechanics?

The poisons are also lack luster (at least in Heroic) so landing them doesn't do much. Apparently my negative feedback at giving what is essentially (pun?) a Daily attack power an Encounter power level of effects and damage went unheeded. So at LEAST you can auto-hit with it.

Last edited:

WalterKovacs

First Post
The answer would be poison immunity I suspect, but I too question why there's a need to stop it.

Which would lead to the assassin eventually grabbing the "ignore poison immunity" feat.

But yeah, the assassin's poisons are dailies, and using them with the dagger (or blowgun) basically makes them closer to a daily, either making it harder to save vs. the ongoing effect of the poison or guarantee an effect on a miss (but losing out of the weapon damage).

Dausuul

Legend
The power is kinda weird, I agree. The only way to avoid it that I can see offhand is to keep out of melee range.

(As regards assassin poisons being dailies--keep in mind that they're all either encounter-long buffs or have the equivalent of the Reliable keyword. And don't forget that each one has a noncombat application, some of which are truly vicious. Facing a nasty solo? Just trick it into eating bloodroot poison before you fight it, and it's dazed for the entire encounter.)

DracoSuave

First Post
Poison immunity is something id rarely bring out vs an executioner.

Use poison with a garrote and it gets the poison keyword. Now the target cant be grabbed and auto damaged. Its a bit much to pull out. Besides, the lowest hp you'll find on a mob is 30. With 5 mobs thats 150 hps. A daily power dealing 10 extra damage once is not something worth worrying about. Id be concerned with thier all in encounter power and the crit they are saving it for.

Remove ads