• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you store and tote your D&D minis?

How do you store and carry your D&D-brand plastic minis?
I found an empty kitty-litter bucket made out of clear plastic, peeled off the stickers and put mine in there. Insided, I further separating them into plastic bags labeled things like "critters," "orcs," "kobold," "aquatics" and so on.
All in all, it's easy to carry, but it still looks like a bucket of kitty litter.
How do you store and tote your DDMs?

phindar

First Post
I picked up a couple of carrying cases from my local hardware store. I guess they're made for porting large numbers of small things like screws or fuses, but I use them to transport large numbers of small things like minis. Mine ran me 10 or 15 bucks a box, and I can carry a few hundred minis in them easily. A friend of mine went to one of the larger DIY chains and picked up a box that's a size up from mine, his ran about 20-25 bucks, and can probably hold about 1,000 Medium minis, with larger boxes to hold the big boys.

Before that, I was using tackleboxes. Those work pretty good too, as long as they have the individual plastic trays that lock shut. For painted minis, I usually cut some small squares of foam to cushion their travel, but the plastics I just dump in their individual slots.

Modoc

First Post
Phindar,

Can you post some pics of your bucket/box you use?

If you need a free photo hosting site, try photobucket

Crysmalon said:
Fishing tacklebox.

Yep. Most large stores also sell a four-tray plastic box with a handle. The trays have individual compartments and pieces to divide up further. All my M and S minis (and many L) I put in there. The big ones? Well, I'm working on that solution.

Lalato

Adventurer
I use 5 of these to store the ones I use for RPG...

14410_mid_res.jpg

I use one of these for the ones I use for the D&D Minis Game...

14166_mid_res.jpg

I use 5 of these for the ones that I'm trying to trade or sell...

1894_LG.jpg

--sam

At the moment I have about 400 or so. They are sorted into different groups like Orcs, Undead, armoured, etc, put into snap-lock bags and stored in 3 drawers in my desk. The large and huge minis just sit loose. I really need to find something better to store them in but that does the trick for now.

Olaf the Stout

Agamon

Adventurer
I used to store them in plastic baggies labeled by type and store din shoeboxes. But I have too many now and store them much like Kae'Yoss, though mine is a single shelf built into two walls of the gaming room.

Remove ads