How does your group divide up the treasure?

Grundle

First Post
Stalker0 said:
I play it as any money found in the prescense of the party gets divided evenly. If that rogue happens to brave some danger himself and find a cash stash or pickpockets someone, he gets that for himself, as only fair.

:eek: Caution! This can often lead to the dreaded Wondering Rogue Syndrome. This affliction can quickly infect an entire party and all the PCs become delusional - believing that they are all really rogues - and compulsively wondering off ahead of the party in an attempt to pocket the lion's share of the loot.

Skaros

First Post
When I DM I like to keep all of my PCs wondering...wondering what's going to happen next :)

Just kidding...I know you meant "wandering"

-Skaros

Grundle

First Post
Skaros said:
When I DM I like to keep all of my PCs wondering...wondering what's going to happen next :)

Just kidding...I know you meant "wandering"

-Skaros

Doh!!!

Wondering Rogue Syndrome is very closely related to Wandering Rogue Syndrome - instead of wandering off, the PCs are wondering how to pocket the most stuff behind their party members backs! ;)

Datchi

First Post
In the group I play in when we get to the end of the adventure we calculate the re-sale value of any magic items and al of the gold, gems etc and then divide this by the number of party members. We then have a total of what each player woudl get if we sell all of the items in gp's. We then go through the items and put our names down for each item in turn, if only one person wants an item then they take it for the re-sale value. If multiple people want an item we have a discussion about who gets the itam and if no agreement is reached we dice for it. The person that gets the item then can't have another contested item from the haul until all players have recieved a contested item.

This way works pretty fairly, you either get more gold or items, it helps if the group are reasonable about it but in general the group I play with are pretty reasonable.

:D

Darklone

DiFier said:
We go through cure potions like they were water.

Ever tried some optional rules about potion addiction? :D

Currently I have a group where it's a problem... we got some GREEDY dwarves. They always manage to keep the others away from getting contracts and tell them about 80% of the cash they will get paid for...

Too bad the group found out (the dwarves stole from each other as one of them got unconscious) and now they are hellish angry :D

hong

WotC's bitch
Ridley's Cohort said:
What is slowing your group down is the shopping for magic items. That takes forever. Especially if you hem and haw over what you might buy and what you might keep. If your group just divides loot before shopping it should take all of an hour for a big haul, maybe 90 minutes tops.

But... but, d00d. That's FUN!

"RPGs are fantasy shopping for guys." -- Robin's 1st Law of gaming

Remove ads