• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Drow Now Cow?

Dark Jezter

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
You're right, I don't think we've had that one this month yet. You get that going and I'll go start a thread on how much better 2e was ;)
Okay, so we're in agreement: lord banus will start a flamewar over the pronounciation of drow, you start a flamewar about how much better 2e is than 3e, and I'll start up a flamewar over rollplaying vs. roleplaying.

Now all we need is someone to start a thread saying alignment is stupid and should be removed from D&D. ;)

Last edited:

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
For God's sake, just link to one of the old threads.
I don't have time for this argument, what with the anti-Planescape crud going on in the other thread.

It rhymes with now.

Bran Blackbyrd said:
I don't have time for this argument, what with the anti-Planescape crud going on in the other thread.
Huh? The other thread. Could you be more specific? I'm actually interested in seeing that.
Bran Blackbyrd said:
It rhymes with now.
Only if you can't read the dictionary entry.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Huh? The other thread. Could you be more specific? I'm actually interested in seeing that.
Haha. I was only kidding really. Seriously dragging that junk into another thread would seem petty. I wouldn't want to appear petty. Since you asked, I was referring to the "Planar Handbook - Completely Useless?" thread. The thread is going in a direction unintended by the thread starter. Imagine that! Heh.

Only if you can't read the dictionary entry.
I can't. I don't have the book. I'm not about to take a drow = crow proponent's word for it. ;)
If I did have the book in front of me, my brain would likely fuzz out the words so I couldn't read them.

Last edited:

Bran Blackbyrd said:
Haha. I was only kidding really. Seriously dragging that junk into another thread would seem petty. I wouldn't want to appear petty. Since you asked, I was referring to the "Planar Handbook - Completely Useless?" thread. The thread is going in a direction unintended by the thread starter. Imagine that! Heh.
Thanks. I hadn't checked into that for a few days; sounds like it's turned into interesting reading again. ;)

Dogbrain said:
According to the OED, a Trow (Drow) is a troll.
Quite naturally. Because if suited their purposes, Gygax and Co. took a lot of folklore that was synonymous and split it, creating all kinds of differences that didn't exist before.

Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's been happening for as long as we've recorded folklore.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads