D&D (2024) How excited are you for the new 2024 edition d&d?

What is your excitement level? (1-5 with 5 being the highest)

Votes: 70 35.0%

Votes: 34 17.0%

Votes: 27 13.5%

Votes: 46 23.0%
  • 5 Most excited

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Poll closed .

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
3, because I'm somewhat interested in what they release in the PHB and DMG- I've been loving LU A5e's system (seriously you should check it out) but a small portion of the classes and features are unbalanced and need house-ruling. On the other hand, I'm hesitant to support WotC based on its quality track record for the last couple years- that tempers any excitement I might have.

I doubt that the MM will be at all worthwhile compared to other options, especially A5e's Monstrous Menagerie.

zottel

Villager
2, not very excited. There is a good chance I will buy them eventually, if they are not terrible, but I have a huge backlog of great stuff to work through right now, and what I already have helps me run great sessions already.

zakael19

Explorer
I have a couple groups that really like 5e, this is like 5e with some tweaks that help move it towards better play. That's good, and I'm excited.

Meech17

Adventurer
if 3 is pretty excited, we are using different scales and I need to adjust my vote…
I assume

1: Minimum excitement. "I'd rather they not bother and opt to save the paper instead"

5: Maximum Excitement. "I'm beyond pumped. I've pre-ordered the books at my LGS, and I'm already preparing my players to start a new 5.5e campaign!"

I'm in the middle there. I'm excited, but not that excited. Maybe I'm a 2. or a 2.5 To be fair, the scale we're given to vote on isn't exactly robust.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
if 3 is pretty excited, we are using different scales and I need to adjust my vote…
Pretty excited sounds like it could mean moderately excited to me which would be a perfect feeling for entering a 3.

But really there’s no way for people to scale things perfectly consistently. So use your best judgement for you.

Remove ads