• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How fast can my Druid make this trip?

Bob5th

First Post
Ok here is the situation. I'm running a 4th level human druid who needs to make it through 50 miles of marshy/sandy/watery/icky environment that roughly reduces move speed by 1/3. For magic items I have a wand of C.L.W. and Lesser Vigor. I've been looking for spells that could increase my movement or eliminate the movement penalty but the only one I've found is Long Strider.

Is there any other way to make this trip faster beyond hustling and forced marching all day and night and burning through the wands? Also killing the other party members in order to make 5th level isn't an option :) .

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Ways to speed up the entire 4 person party would be a plus but my main concern is the druid.

MarkB

Legend
Do you have access to any riding animals? (I presume your animal companion isn't suitable?)

If so, there's traveler's mount from the Spell Compendium. Duration 1 hour per level, grants an animal or magical beast +20 foot speed and allows it to hustle without ill effects, but renders it unable to use its natural weapons for the duration of the spell.

Shayuri

First Post
There's also a spell called Wind at Back...4rth level, I believe. Too much to cast on your own, but perhaps a scroll?

It doubles a group's overland speed.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
You've had a few useful answers to your question, so I hope you'll excuse a digression...

Our 11th level party has just been hired for an extremely dangerous mission, delivering a valuable artifact/object to the capital of a country several thousand miles away.

OK, we say. Luckily for us, I don't think that druids of this level had come up before... One Oak tree and a "transport via plants" spell later, and we were half an hour from the target city gates. A find the path after that took us directly to the designated buyer.

From 11th level onwards the druid starts to get some seriously kick-ass magical abilities. I hope you make it that high!

Cheers

MarkB

Legend
epochrpg said:
Dont you have woodland stride? Doesn't that ignore the effects of natural terrain on your movement?
Only woodland terrain - briars, brambles and undergrowth - according to the class feature description.

Remove ads