How is Palladium doing?

Voadam

Legend
AlexM7 said:
We are alive and on the comeback trail. Rifts: D-Bees of North America ships in a few days (awesome cover by Dave Dorman). That will be followed by Rifts: Machinations of Doom, a combination graphic novel and sourcebook. The graphic novel collects Ramon Perez's Lone Star comic strip from the pages of The Rifter and the rest of the book stats out those characters and presents a diabolical plot that could change the face of Rifts North America forever.

I invite everyone down to www.palladiumbooks.com for a look at what's new, and what's coming.

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books

Good to hear. If Palladium books were available as pdfs for a reasonable price I'd be all over them. And a DB book in particular.

ssampier

First Post
Michael Silverbane said:
I dunno... Maybe because its his system, he wrote it, and he's happy with the way it is...?

I can live with or without the crunch portions of the Palladium products, but I find the fluff portions of those products to be invaluable. If 'living back in the 80s' is what it takes for me to get that material, then I'm all for it.

Later
silver

I do not want to be snippy, but what fluff pieces are your favorite? I have never read the rulesbooks. I have played a few different Palladium games about 10 years ago--which I understand hasn't changed much--Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, Nightspawn/Nightbane.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
MojoGM said:
As proof that no everyone finds the system clunky, I actually know a person who runs a DRAGONLANCE game using the RIFTS system instead of D20.

Not my cup of tea, but hey, to each their own :)
Now that sounds interesting!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe because its his system, he wrote it, and he's happy with the way it is...?

Which, in this case, is a bad sign. There are outright errors in some of the books that have to be houseruled...and these errors have survived several rules "revisions." I'm not talking fluff, I'm talking crunch
I do not want to be snippy, but what fluff pieces are your favorite?

Speaking for myself, I loved Atlantis most of all, followed by Mercenaries, England, Mystic Russia, Warlords of Russia, Spirit West, Sourcebook One, and RIFTS Conversion book (which unlocks material in other games in Palladium's line for use in RIFTS). Others are also good, though.
One thing that puzzles me is how almost every book has "by Kevin Siembieda" on the front. Does he actually write all these books?

He has at least a hand in each book, but this is somewhat misleading. The "attribution irregularities" to which I alluded were staff writers & freelancers who claim KS used some of their material in some way, shape, or form, and then failed to give them credit for whatever reason. Bill Coffin posted one I remember reading on RPGnet, detailing the "dysfunctional" editing process at Palladium- with no compelling counterposition being offered in the company's defense. ( http://forum.rpg.net/showpost.php?p=1445566&postcount=184 )

Sour grapes or accurate depiction? I have no way of knowing.

Remove ads