• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How is that babe in the barely there armor getting any AC bonus?

GeeksDreamGirl

First Post
StupidRanger and Geek’s Dream Girl) are joining forces to write the ultimate guidebook to female roleplaying gamers around the world.

We need YOUR input! Girls, you are the heart of this book; share your experiences with us!

Guys, you have an especially important role in the success of our book. Not only do we need your input, we also need you to get out there on Facebook, Myspace, IMs, forums, chat rooms and Friendly Local Game Stores to spread the word to every girl gamer you know!

Topics to be covered include:

* Token Girl at the Game Table
* Friendly Local Gaming Store & Gaming Conventions
* Gaming With Those You Love (Significant Others & Children)
* Sexism and Stereotypes
* Your Gaming Style, Your Games, and Your Characters
* Explaining D&D to Non-Gamers & Attracting Other Girls to Gaming
* The RPG Industry
* Calling the Shots: The Girl GM

This book will celebrate all the ways girls contribute to the gaming culture and we’d love to have you be a part of it.

Want to see your name in print as part of our book? Please take our surveys:

GIRLS:
Girl Gamer Book Survey - For Girls Only!

GUYS:
Girl Gamer Book Survey - For Guys Only!

Become a fan of “Female Roleplaying Gamers” on Facebook!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and helping build our bestseller!
- E. and SR

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
In my experience, the Gamer Girl is never single. If she's at the table, either she's there with her boyfriend/husband, or she's all ready called for.

Too much competition.

BTW, if this is your incentive, you really ought to get Shelly (Confessions of a Part Time Sorceress/Full Time Wizard) to either endorse it, write a forward, or sign the jacket.

Last edited:

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
BTW, if this is your incentive, you really ought to get Shelly (Confessions of a Part Time Sorceress/Full Time Wizard) to either endorse it, write a forward, or sign the jacket.

I can only speak from my own experiences, but I've yet to meet a single female gamer who liked that book, and quite a few I know felt openly insulted by it. I've got a hunch that it scared away more girls then it brought in.

Halivar

First Post
The answer to the question in your title is simple: it's a distraction bonus (EDIT: Owned by El Mahdi!!!).

BTW, I've only played with single girls, never with married. The trick is to play up the collaborative storytelling aspect of it. Girls are almost never into killing monsters and taking their stuff... until you describe their first fireball going off and incinerating everything in the room. That moment usually (IMXP) unlocks a latent bloodthirst in gentle ladies who would otherwise cringe at the very thought of talking about killing something.

It is a fun thing to watch.

PS: I feel totally misled. I came into the thread based on the title expecting demonstrative illustrations!

Rechan

Adventurer
I can only speak from my own experiences, but I've yet to meet a single female gamer who liked that book, and quite a few I know felt openly insulted by it. I've got a hunch that it scared away more girls then it brought in.
I've never met someone who's read the book, but I would hazard a guess (based on how Shelly talks), that the type of person who would like the book are the "Girl's girl" types. Those who read Cosmo and such. That is the Tone that I get from Shelly.

Certainly not for those who are a tomboy, or at least don't like Chanel and Goochie.

Also, while Shelly may have driven off some, Astrid's Parlor over on WotC is still active, and you got customers right there.

Last edited:

Halivar

First Post
Certainly not for those who are a tomboy, or at least don't like Chanel and Goochie.
I don't know much about those creatures (girls), but I know this: you can't write for all of them. There are many various species, all completely distinct. If you were to write a wandering monster table for types of women, you'd need a third digit for your percentile dice; and that's if you're prepared to make broad categorizations (not a pun! I swear!).

Rechan

Adventurer
If you were to write a wandering monster table for types of women, you'd need a third digit for your percentile dice; and that's if you're prepared to make broad categorizations (not a pun! I swear!).
I hear that the 1e DMG had a Female wandering monster table. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads