• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long are your weekly rpg sessions?

ow long are your weekly rpg sessions?

• Less than 2 hours.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 2 hours.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 2.5 hours.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 3 hours.

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • 3.5 hours.

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • 4 hours.

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • More than 4 hours.

Votes: 44 31.2%
  • Other (I don't have weekly rpg sessions etc).

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Poll closed .

cthulhu_duck

First Post
My primary rpg group is currently discussing our scheduling, and discussion elsewhere mentioning a weekly 7 hour session got me wondering what the average duration for a weekly rpg session might be across the EN World community?

Last edited:

My sessions last more than four hours (usually from between noon and 1 to about 6). But unfortunately, I don't think we usually get more than three to four hours of actual gaming in. It's hard to get started, since many of us only see each other once a week. And our current DM is one of the chattier fellows in the group. (Not that that's a bad thing, if you're reading this. ;))

ivocaliban

First Post
Sadly my group hasn't met in about two months now. We were meeting bi-weekly, then once a month...and now it's sort of fallen apart. Scheduling is a b-word.

Thurbane

First Post
My primary group generally plays once a week from about 8.30pm to midninght, so around 3.5 hours (on average).

My secondary group plays once a week from about 5.30pm to 10.30pm, so 5 hours.

Fenes

First Post
I voted three hours, counting actual playing time. We usually spend an hour or so talking (about the game and other stuff) and eating dinner before we start to play.

Jhaelen

First Post
Unfortunately, it's quite impossible to have a gaming session more often than every 3-4 weeks. When we do meet, it's typically for at least 8 hours (the current maximum being 14 hours after an extended boss fight...).
About two hours of these are spent with chatting, eating, etc. There's also typically some book-keeping to do (buying/selling stuff, character creation/advancement) so I'd say we get a minimum of about 5 hours of actual game-play.

Actual play time averages 3 hours, as we tend to spend time socializing, not to mention food orders as soon as there's an available lull in the action as well as recuperation time when someone makes a particulary funny wisecrack/remark, either IC or OOC.

And after having gone without a weekly session for months prior to helping wrangle the current group together, I truly appreciate the luxury of having such.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads