• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long do your gaming sessions last?

How long do your gaming sessions last?

• Poll closed .

JamesL85

First Post
We play every other Saturday (most times) and we start at around 9 in the morning on Saturday and play until between midnight and sometimes 5 in the morning.....

But we're a small group that's played since high school (I celebrated my 20th year reunion this year.....Maybe "celebrated" is the wrong term.....) and we've weeded out the undesirables....

As for marathon sessions.....The best we've had was a two hour drive to one of the players houses (he was DM'ing that weekend)....We started at about 8 that night (Friday), played until about 3 in the morning.....Crashed, got up at 9 or so and played until 3 in the morning....Crashed, got up at 9, and played until about 2 in the afternoon on Sunday before the 2 hour drive home.....THAT was a weekend!!!!!

James

P.S.
I live in western Kansas, and wheat harvest killed our group....We haven't played since early June, and I'm getting married in 5 weeks, so it isn't looking good until late September.....

Eonthar

Explorer
With my regular gaming group, we play 4-5 hours bi-weekly on Friday nights.

I play with some friends in Toronto (about a 5 hour drive from Montreal) on occassion, and those usually turn into marathons. 5-6 hours on Friday night, 12-15 hours on Saturday and 5-6 hours on Sunday before I have to drive back home. Haven't done one of those in a while ... uhm ... I think I'll have to organize something now.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Our gaming sessions last roughly 4 hours. I probably wouldn't consider running for any less length of time, as it would take too long to get through the campaign.

maggot

First Post
We play on weekday evenings and try to get 4 hours in. But with work, some people can't show up until after 7p, and some can't play past 10p. So I have two groups: the start at 7p group and the end at 10p group. Neither group gets much more than 4 hours in though.

Oh for the days of roleplaying on the weekends.

Animus

Explorer
I play in two groups, one a bunch of newer players and the other a bunch of people who've gamed for a long time (12 years is the lower limit). The new group plays about 4-5 hours once a week. The other group "plays" once a week, for 9 hours. By "plays" I me we plan to get together at 3, actually show up at 4, and games from 5:30 to about midnight, then we shoot the breeze until 1 in the morning. So all in all there's about 6 hours of actual gaming out of the 9-10 hours spent together.

zeo_evil

First Post
Every single Sunday from about 1:00 PM to about 9:00 PM. Sometimes (rarely) they go just a little bit more and others just a little bit less. The important thing is that we haven't missed more than say three games in the last year and a half. Before that we went almost three years playing every Sunday and the occasional Thursday as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads