• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last?

How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last?

• 2 hours or less

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • 5 hours

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 6 hours

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • 7 hours

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 8 hours or more

Votes: 4 5.6%

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
How long does your TTRPG gaming sessions usually last? This includes VTT games. You can make multiple votes.

My sessions usually last 4 hours. But lately they have gone down to 2.5 hours due to a complicated schedule.

4 hours f2f, 2-3 hours online. Except for the one game I am playing in, where GM wants to go 4 hours. By the end I'm exhausted. Fortunately it's on Friday nights...

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I voted based just on the sessions I GM: No less than three hours, no more than four; every-other Saturday and Wednesday (two different campaigns). I find that I get tired earlier running on Discord than in person, and/or it's easier to end early when everyone is already at home.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
It depends a lot on the game and circumstances. I play a lot of different games. Usually never less than 3 and never more than 5 hours.

R_J_K75

Legend
3 hours is about normal for us. Lately with the pandemic we were playing online but its not the same so we haven't played in a few weeks. We're looking to start playing in person again next week. Anything under three hours is a waste and anything over 4 is just too much these days. I would like to play an all-nighter once or twice a year but I doubt that'll happen.

pogre

Legend
We start at 2 PM and end at 6 PM every Sunday. I always start on time and usually finish 5 minutes before 6 PM to calculate experience.

A few years ago I began really pushing to get into the game on time with action. I had some folks driving a fair distance to game with us - so I felt obligated to cut-off the gabbing and socializing. I stop right at my end time for the same reason - people need to drive home. It's hard-baked into my campaign at this time, even though we are virtual. I always try to start with an encounter and end with a cliff-hanger.

Folks often stick around to talk afterwards, but that is their choice, and they are not imposing on anyone's gaming time.

R_J_K75

Legend
We start at 2 PM and end at 6 PM every Sunday. I always start on time and usually finish 5 minutes before 6 PM to calculate experience.

Im somewhat envious. We never start on time, usually break off into a few short side conversations and take a 5-10 minute break in the middle. We average about 3 hours a sessions but in reality its probably 2-1/2 hours of actual game time out of 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Unfortunately we may be losing yet another player due to work but the remaining group hopefully will start earlier and play later.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads