• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long has it been in-between tabletop games?

Bigwilly

First Post
Nearly a month...

...but hoping to play this weekend.

Longest I went without any RP was a couple of years when I was working in Holland (1986-1988). I did eventually find a local group but they only played Satuday mornings/afternoons when I was still sleeping off Friday nights - so that didn't work out. In desperation (RPG addict) I tried Play-by-Mail and hooked up with another PBMer in Holland and ended up getting him and his friends into roleplaying.

In 1989, I moved to Belgium and quickly found a local group - some of whom I'm still playing with today.

Bigwilly

Zappo

Explorer
Well, last time I gamed it was last Tuesday. As for the longest stretch of time with no gaming... I guess it can't be more than a couple of months, maybe less.

WanderingMonster

First Post
Longest has been 6 months or so. Were poised to start the dry spell again, not having gamed in 3-4 weeks. It's largely due to real llife interfering, I guess.

My DMing style requires that we play regularly and move on. I get bored with ideas pretty fast. Playing purges the idea and let's me pursue other avenues I find interesting. If it sits for a while, I get bored with the game/campaign/characters and we have to reboot. That's what sucks about dry spells.

shilsen

Adventurer
One week. But the next one's going to be 3 months and a week later, since I'm going back to India during that time. Already getting twitchy.

evildmguy

Explorer
Good question!

In the ~24 years I have been playing, I can only count about 15 months where I didn't play. This was usually because of my moving or players losing interest and the group disbanding.

The last couple of times were in '97 when I moved and I didn't find a group for about two months. That group broke up, and it took two months after that before I got a new group. Since then, with the exception of life interuptions, including another move, I have had a weekly gaming group.

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

4everdm

First Post
I use to play every other weekend (Fri-Sun) with my group, but since I moved to Florida we only get together 3x a year for 4 day game sessions. As a matter of fact - my buds & I are getting together soon for a game

4everdm

First Post
Morpheus said:
1996-2000 because I moved to Florida and found it to be non-gamer friendly for awhile, Since 2000, I've had 3 groups that have disintegrated for various reasons. I'm working on Group 4, but we are slowly spiraling downwards. Damn real life!!! :(

Hey Morpheus, it seems we're in a similar boat, travelling a similar river. I too moved down to Florida and have experienced the same thing, except I haven't found any group to play with. If you're close by perhaps we can get together & game? Email me so we can determine if we are near one another for a game. :D

spectre72

First Post
I started with the 2nd flavor of the red basic box (the one with the single rulebook, Keep on the Borderlands, and the dice with the crayon :cool: )

Before college I got to play rarely, but during college we played 5 nights a week :heh:

After college I spent a couple of years only being able to play at an occasional convention.

Then about 1998 a group of players met up at a convention and found we were all from Southern Vermont.

We formed a group, and have been playing at least once a month ever since.

We started with about 6 people, and have had as many as 25 people in the group at it's peak.

Right now we are running 12 to 15 most months.

This weekend we will be playing Mutants and Masterminds on Saturday, and D&D on Sunday :)

I also play in 3 PBEM games, and am running a PBEM of my own which gets turns cycled about every 2 weeks.

Shameless plug - If anyone has been unable to play live for a long time and wants to discuss playing in the PBEM contact me at spectre72@adelphia.net

I still attend conventions and run games there.

Not bad for a location that you couldn't find a person to even talk about D&D with back in the 80's

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads