• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long, in real time, would you expect a campaign from 1-30 to take?

How long in real time would you expect a campaign from 1-30 to take?

• 6 months or less.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6+ months to 1 year.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 1+ years to 2 years.

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • 2+ to 3 years

Votes: 34 32.4%
  • 3+ to 4 years.

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • 4+ to 5 years.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • 5+ to 6 years.

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • 6+ to 7 years.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 7+ to 8 years.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 8 years.

Votes: 9 8.6%

The Human Target

Adventurer
Well its taken us one and a half years to hit 11.

So we should hit 30 in... never.

I'll be happy if we hit 15 and move on to something else.

5E- 10 levels or less!

the Jester

Legend
At my preferred rate of play- roughly weekly- I'd say two to three years.

Sadly, at my current rate of play, I'd say more like five years. :(

Netherstorm

First Post
It took 114 sessions for my group to get through Scales of War, and we played 3 hours a week. So for us, 2 years and a couple months. My other group was much faster, as we played weekly and were driven to do 5 encounters per session.

If you do 3 combats, one skill challenge, and one "roleplay" encounter or hand out quest XP, you can really get a steady pace going.

It's hard to tell what the players feel most satisfied with. Leveling every 2 sessions feels fast to me, but 3 sessions is a bit of a drag and obviously stretches out your time more.

It's interesting that the Neverwinter book is entirely heroic tier. If you prefer a slower, more detailed approach to your game, you could run a heck of a 1-10 game there.

S'mon

Legend
I'm currently running 2 campaigns, both fortnightly, with about 3 hours of actual play time per session. My 'Southlands' game has been levelling every 2.5 sessions, has gone from 3rd to 7th in 9 sessions, and looks to me to have a real prospect of going the distance, certainly into Epic and possibly all the way to 30th.

Currently we recently had session 10, it should be 1.5 sessions to reach 8th, 4 sessions to reach 9th, in January 2012, then 25 sessions to reach 19th ca February 2013, 29th in March 2014 - so 30th ca May 2014. Started in June 2011, so that would be 3 years for the full campaign.

jcayer

Explorer
We wrapped up our 4E campaign two days ago. Level 1 through 30, but I won't lie, epic didn't agree with us a whole lot, so I leveled them up at an accelerated rate. It took us 3.5 years of playing every other week for 5 hours. I suspect if we had played epic out entirely, another 6-12 months.

We started out in Marh 09, and play once a month, though we have dry spells that last quite a while. We're close to level 7 now, about 17 sessions in.

I'd say we'll never reach level 30 before 5E :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads