D&D 5E How long is your average session?

How long is your average D&D session?

• 3 hours

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • 5 hours

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • 6 or more hours

Votes: 19 12.6%

Venley

First Post
About 10 weekends a year. 12 hours Saturday, 8 on Sunday. Sometimes longer, sometimes about 3-5 hours on Friday also. Food, etc. breaks of course.
It usually takes till Tuesday for my brain and voice to recover from GMing but it's worth it.

Glomb175

Explorer
Our first session was 12 hours and I loved it. A month later we did 2 hours. Then our DM got bored and we went a whole year without playing. Finally started back up again and played for 4 hours, DM got bored and decided he wanted to play instead so I took over, now we do 4 hours fortnightly. I've been trying to get them to do longer sessions but everyone says 4 hours is the most they can handle. I find running the game far more demanding than playing it and I'm happy to go all day

Sent from my HTC 10 using EN World mobile app

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
8 hours, one Saturday a month.

That's for the game I DM with my adult friends.

For the kids, about 2-3 hours.

Lylandra

Adventurer
6 hours on average (sundays 12-18)

sometimes we play during the week for ~4 hours.
sometimes we marathon on holidays (NYE, easter etc.) where a session can go for as long as 12 or more hours.

Caliburn101

Explorer
I run two games currently, one which is once a week on Thursday evenings and goes reliably from 7pm until 10pm.

The other is once a month with old friends from the area I moved from for work, and we run from 12noon on the Saturday to anything from 12pm that day to 3am on the Sunday morning!

I very much enjoy both...

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Our Group usually plays 5 to 6 hours once per a week. Gone are the days of sitting in a conference room in Okinawa playing from friday night to sunday morning, smoking cigarettes and drinking beer and playing though such notable modules like ToEE, WPM, Ravenloft ect ect.

I miss drinking beer and smoking cigarettes, being old but healthy sucks lol.

CydKnight

Explorer
The games I DM at home tend to be longer than the games I play at the local hobby shop. I've had games at home run 9 hours but the average around 4-1/2 hours. The games at the local hobby shop are typically schedule for 3 hours and usually stick to that.

Remove ads