How Mainstream is Dungeons and Dragons with 5e? Vox Mainstream.

CM

Adventurer
I saw this yesterday as well, and thought it was a great introduction for people who might be put off by the pasty nerd reputation the game has among some.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Confession: I'm one of hundreds of freelancers who Vox pays. So are 6 of the 8 players in my campaign. I've learned that at least two other 'team sites' on the soccer side of things have games among their staff too.

I don't know any of the full-timers that play, but I've heard not only are there two groups in Vox (the news/explainer site), but at least one for Polygon.

When I saw this video I immediately called my buddy who works in the main offices and asked why there isn't a DnD specific site.

Les Moore

Explorer
I was around when that nerd-dork and his buddies were LARPing the steam-tunnels at MSU,
"playing D&D" when he disappeared in 1979.
Since he, and some of his coffee drinking friends took the game WAY too seriously, D&D got a major black eye in the
press, academia denounced the game as Satanic, and it was shunned by parents, church groups, and
many book, toy and department stores. No amount of rational discussion would convince many of the
media snake-hypnotized sheeple that it was only a game.

In the years since, D&D has somewhat overcome that checkered past, and become accepted for what it is:
Merely a harmless RPG for folks with imagination and the need for a creative recreational outlet.

Interesting, though, an original copy of the
--------------------softback players 1st Edition manual leaflet, : @70$ in fair condition
---- a copy of the 4th Edition, Hardback, profusely illustrated:mad:5$ in good condition

Last edited:

Why remove it? I thought the different Oaths made the Paladin actually fun to play.
Bard- now THAT’S a class that needs to be removed.

The paladin-hate always strikes me as bizarre but then I realize that my concept of the class is probably pretty different from the haters. The goody-two-shoes, plot-killing, small-box-shoehorn character concept is pretty lame but I've never run a paladin like that IRL. One of my favorite characters this edition was basically a golem with a radioactive meteor for a heart, built by a cult to plant beacons at ley lines in order draw the attention of an elder god, deep in space (Allabar from 4e). His body would open and he would melt people with radiation (radiant damage), being a paladin.

Remove ads