• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Many Adventures Can We Expect...?

Grossout

First Post
Looking back at all of the 3E adventures - there really just aren't very many of them. These were pulled off the Wizards site, and while it does seem to be missing a few (Fantastic Locations, Expeditions), for the most part, these are all the adventures for D&D 3E. I included Forgotten Realms (since they are relatively easy to modify with "regular D&D", but did not include Ebberron (since I don't know much about it). That's only about 25 adventures, or 3/year. Not much. Now, I didn't game during 3E - I'm looking forward to 4E, but I'm almost positive I'd rely heavily on published adventures to do so. 3/year doesn't seem like enough. Anyone know if Wizards is planning more adventures? They mentioned something about older adventures making an appearance somehow (probably through insider - my guess), and that does sound awesome, but I hope they keep cranking new ones out in 4E. I just have a bad feeling that they'll put together the first adventure path (H1-H3, P1-P3, E1-E3), then abandon the line for years (as shown below).

Title Date
Sunless Citadel, The 08/2000
Forge of Fury, The 11/2000
Speaker in Dreams, The 01/2001
Standing Stone, The 04/2001
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil 06/2001
Heart of Nightfang Spire 08/2001
Deep Horizon 11/2001
Lord of the Iron Fortress 01/2002
Bastion of Broken Souls 03/2002
City of the Spider Queen 09/2002
Sons of Gruumsh 09/2005
Red Hand of Doom 02/2006
Fantastic Locations: Fields of Ruin 04/2006
Fantastic Locations: Dragondown Grotto 07/2006
Twilight Tomb, The 09/2006
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft 10/2006
Scourge of the Howling Horde 11/2006
Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde, The 12/2006
Barrow of the Forgotten King 02/2007
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits 04/2007
The Sinister Spire 06/2007
Expedition to Undermountain 06/2007
Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk 08/2007
Fortress of the Yuan-ti 09/2007
Anauroch: The Empire of Shade 11/2007

JoeGKushner

First Post
Doesn't count free adventures on the old web site.

Doesn't count Dungeon. Including free e-adventures now.

Doesn't count third party.

Seems to be missing a few Fantastic Locations.

Me? I'm hoping we get some classics done up quick. I'm sure that the new advnetures will showcase how the new game plays, but if this makes sense, I want to see how it plays with the classics.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Given the hullabaloo about classic settings now being available to all settings, I would certainly like to see them show us some of the classics, reinterpreted under 4E as well.

The Keep on the Borderlands, Tomb of Horrors and Castle Greyhawk all seem likely (the latter since that was the explicit reason for the SPOILER being done to the castle at the Expedition module).

The Ubbergeek

First Post
To play the devil's advocate...

The adaptations, because of the new rules and their designs and all that, may feels different than what the buyers remembered and all that... somes may be disapointed. Perhaps makeing at first, and to help the designers in warming up, original adventures? perhaps future classics will come...

Grossout

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Doesn't count free adventures on the old web site.

Doesn't count Dungeon. Including free e-adventures now.

Doesn't count third party.

Seems to be missing a few Fantastic Locations.

Me? I'm hoping we get some classics done up quick. I'm sure that the new advnetures will showcase how the new game plays, but if this makes sense, I want to see how it plays with the classics.

I see what you're saying - if I need a quick adventure there are a ton of places to find them, but I'm just hoping for a lot of official, physical WOTC adventures. But I'm kinda crazy about them, I know that. At one point, I owned EVERY Basic D&D adventure (well, minus The Jade Hare). Had to sell my collection though - for funding reasons. Now that I'm back on my feet, I can easily see myself turning into a module fiend again!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Grossout said:
I see what you're saying - if I need a quick adventure there are a ton of places to find them, but I'm just hoping for a lot of official, physical WOTC adventures. But I'm kinda crazy about them, I know that. At one point, I owned EVERY Basic D&D adventure (well, minus The Jade Hare). Had to sell my collection though - for funding reasons. Now that I'm back on my feet, I can easily see myself turning into a module fiend again!

Looks around.

Dungeon was official, physical WOTC adventures. And I know I ran dozens of 'em, probably hundreds if I started counting 1st and 2nd ed adventures.

But I see what you mean.

Remove ads