• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How Many Classes Have You Tried?

Tony Vargas

Legend
5e: Almost always DM, AL, con games, intros. Played: Cleric, Wizard.

Next: Mostly ran. Played: Wizard, Druid.

4e: Ran Encounters, con games, intro games, an Epic-level mini-campaign, and (still running) a campaign that started in 2011.
Played: Warlord, Wizard, Warlock, Cleric, Fighter, Shaman, Druid, Invoker, Ardent, Artificer, Knight, Mage, Berserker, Witch, Sentinel and Slayer.

3e: Ran one 3.0 campaign and one 3.5 game at a convention. Played: 3.x: Fighter, Ranger, Rogue & Barbarian (in various combinations); Sorcerer; Cleric; Bard.

2e: Ran the second half of a 10-year campaign, rarely played, when I did, it was usually a converted 1e character: Magic-User Wizard(Enchantress), Fighter(Bandit), Druid.

1e: Ran the first half of a 10-year campaign, among other things. Played: Magic-user, Druid, Illusionist, Fighter, Ranger, Thief, Assassin, Cleric, 'Bandit' (Dragon unofficial NPC class), oh, and Bushi.

Shiroiken

Legend
Not many. I DM half the time, and the campaigns we play last a while.

Rogue/Arcane Trickster (15 months - campaign started in playtest, adapted character to PHB)
Paladin/Oath of the Ancients (3 months - campaign cut short)
Wizard/"Bladesinger" (2 sessions - died in OotA before reaching level 2 - current campaign)
Bard/College of Lore (2 months - current campaign)

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
I DM about 1/3 of the time for my home group in which we share DMing duties in Forgotten Realms. Each player and DM has a handful of characters that we rotate in and out based on the current adventure.

My characters thus far:
2 weapon fighting Battlemaster Fighter (6th level): recent rebuild (but not played) will be dueling Eldritch Knight Fighter (6) + Fiend Warlock (1)
draconic (fire) sorcerer (6th level)
life cleric (1)/wild sorcerer (3)

Morinth

First Post
I've played a Rogue, a Fighter, a Ranger, and I've just rolled up a Bard. I'm interested in playing a spellcaster in 5E, but it hasn't been in the cards yet.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Half the time I DM, but the ones I've played more than just one session?

Halfling fighter (criminal background, skulker feat. 5e ported version of my AD&D f/t halfling)
Halfling battlemaster fighter (one of my favorites so far)
Goliath paladin
Dragonborn tempest cleric (my highest level PC at level 13)
Human Shadowmonk
Halfing abjurer
Human necromancer wizard
Tiefling ranger
Human fighter (acolyte background and magic initiate feat [guidance, light, protec from evil]) my current AL CoS PC.

Variant human bard
Half-orc rogue (arcane trickster)
Human rogue (swashbuckler)
Human fighter/cleric
Half-elf paladin (oath of vengeance)
Effigy bard (College of Jazz) ... this one has a lot of homebrewing for race and bard college, so it probably doesn't exactly count

There'd probably be more, but I mostly DM. EDIT: I'm kind of surprised how many characters I've gotten to play since I picked up 5e about 15 months ago. Neat!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads