• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many D&D/d20/OGL PDF's have you bought?

(rounding down)

Votes: 17 9.9%

Votes: 5 2.9%

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 14 8.2%

Votes: 5 2.9%

Votes: 4 2.3%

Votes: 4 2.3%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 16 9.4%

Votes: 11 6.4%

Votes: 13 7.6%

Votes: 11 6.4%

Votes: 7 4.1%

Votes: 12 7.0%

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 100+

Votes: 37 21.6%

I have about 20 or so, not including those that I've gotten as free products (from promotions, contests, etc...).

I do have a notebook PC, which I got to take advantage of the PDFs that I had, since I usually game far far from home. But if I didn't have the notebook, I'd probably still be getting more PDFs, and I'd certainly still have the ones that I already had.

Later
silver

Ace

Adventurer
Aus_Snow said:
That's the question.

Just curious, really.

oops -- Left '0' off the list. Sorry 'bout that. Just don't choose any number, but post instead I guess (if you haven't bought any). Maybe say if you're planning to, as well. Thanks!

I bought 4 PDF's for d20 and have been given 21(!!) as review copies

Of the non D20 I have bought 1 -- Little Town of Hamilin for AFMBE. I also was given 3 or 4 as review copies -- HARP and All Fll Down (by Ronin Arts) in particular

Man-thing

First Post
Man-thing said:
So I'm guessing about 780 products (I'm deducting for multiple Rpgdeposits).

Actually 782 now.

Picked up:

0one Games' Under the Mountain - Rooms and Encounters
GOO - BESM d20 - Advanced Magic

arwink

Clockwork Golem
My memory is obviously going. Although I voted for aorund 30 or 40, I just wented and checked my RPGnow history and discovered that I've got a little over 120 from there alone (and quite a few more from other sources).

I have more than 100. Far more. Not having a true "local" game store and limited shelf space have combined to drive me to PDF madness! (Insert appropriate scare clip here.)

I have a count of 527 at RPGNow, I've bought a few dozen at DriveThruRPG and I will probably pick a few up at the ENWorld shop if it's available there (RPGNow has precedence of place for most purchases) and I have picked up at least that many from the old WotC archive page and other places. I probably have well over 1000 total. Not one of them DRM, not so much because of a moral objection as that it just makes a PDF too much of a pain in the rear to use.

I will say, it cuts down on space. My wife would much rather make room for 10 CD-ROMs that the entire bookshelf my gaming material would otherwise take (again, limited shelf space).

Currently on my wish list: Oone's Dungeon Under the Mountain: Rooms and Encounters
Dungeon Crawl Classics #22

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Superline 1-3
Sidewinder-Recoiled
Esscape from Alcatraz
Chruch and State
Blue Rose
Books 1-3 of Eldritch Magic
Books of Hallowed Might 1-2

Aus_Snow

First Post
Me personally, I've got closer to 20 than 30. So, I'm with '20'.

I can see that going up in the near future, though probably never over about 50-odd. I am very selective with my pdf's, as I am with my books.

Note: That is aside from freebies and non-d20 pdf's, of course.

edit --- If I'd realised the amazing (to me) amounts some people have, and the number of people who've bought over 100 D&D/d20/OGL pdf's, I would have changed the numbers somewhat, going to 200 or even higher. Oh well.

Pinotage

Explorer
Thanee said:
A question to the folks with a plethora of PDFs (and who actually use them).

Do you have a notebook (or labtop)?
Do you use the PDFs on your notebook?
Do you think it would make a difference if you didn't?

Ok, three questions. ;)

Bye
Thanee

To answer all three question in one go - I only play PbP games, so to me pdfs are it - I can sit at any computer at any time and play, and if you have a CD or online space with your pdfs on, it's invaluable and much easier than handling a book. While not always that convenient to find something, in PbP games you got a lot more time. pdfs are it for the games I play. But I guess I'm a odd case of those that buy pdfs but only play PbP games.

Pinotage

IMarvinTPA

First Post
I didn't think to look at the forum for the poll before replying. I hit 100+ because I thought it was a random number poll. I have about 4 PDFs.
Having the question appear on the front page is IMPORTANT.

IMarv

Aus_Snow

First Post
IMarvinTPA said:
I didn't think to look at the forum for the poll before replying. I hit 100+ because I thought it was a random number poll. I have about 4 PDFs.
Having the question appear on the front page is IMPORTANT.
Yes, I realised that I made a mistake there, as soon as it was posted. Sorry about that. My other polls have been just fine, IIRC.

Of course, it doesn't specify what the poll is about in any particular direction, so. . . one could investigate before selecting. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads