How many game days does it take to complete The Sunless Citadel

diaglo

Adventurer
it depends on what the party's goals are.

our party took 10 minutes to complete the Sunless Citadel.

we heard the plot hooks and decided we weren't interested. ;)

Asmo

First Post
My group really loved this module.
We spent 86 gaming hours to complete the Sunless Citadel, this was over a period from may to december 2002 (we had a break during june-august).
It was my first campaign as a dm and it was incredible fun for me to.

Asmo

D+1

First Post
Daniel Knight said:
Just as the subject says. How many days in the campaign did it take you?

I want to start The Forge of Fury in mid-winter, so I'm just working back to figure out what month to start Sunless in.
Time moving through the dungeon itself: perhaps a day. Time in game getting the situation set up and the party to the dungeon was several weeks as I recall, but only because the players at the time stubbornly refused to exercise any initiative and insisted on waiting until the adventure sort of came to them.

There were one or two trips back to town and several times they simply locked themselves in a room until a round or two of healing could be performed. That all added at least another 5-7 days to the minimal time it took to actually go from one room to the next. It definitely sped up after they got a level or two under their belts but the initial going was slow. All the combat really takes the wind out of the sails of low-level characters who don't have a massive reserve of healing, nor a thick Hit Point cushion.

Remove ads