• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of your own PCs can you remember?

How many of your [i]own[/i] PCs can you remember the names of?

• None

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • 8-15

Votes: 82 32.8%
  • 16-31

Votes: 39 15.6%
  • 32-63

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • 64-127

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 128-255

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 256 or more

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Poll closed .

ghettognome

First Post
I have only been playing for 9 years, but I remember most of my characters.
Pepy the Gnome (illusionist/priest of Loki)
Oz (gnome spellcaster)
Rayley Longbraid (kender rogue)
Autumn (Swanmay cleric)
Kimotso (aka Bob, Ogremage Fighter)
George (air genesai envoker)
Gnosys (gnome engineer, Dragonstar)
Shandricka (gnome arcane trickster)
Alexandrianious (Lexie for short, half elven bard)
Oof (a really dumb dwarf)
Jenna Swiftnight (human monk)
Voylen (doppleganger shaper (I think) )
Khayl (Minotaur fighter)-my current character in my Dawnforge campaign and he rocks!!

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
omokage said:
I was totally with Silver Moon on this one. I really believed the topic refered to my computers.
Yeah, well we must think alike. I see you're from Chicago, the city of my birth, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Agemegos, I was just trying to add a little humor to the thread, but if it will make you happy:

1. Skywise, male elf cleric;
2. Knebrskah, male gnome fighter;
3. Jeremiah Q. Wildwander II, male gnome assassin (now thief);
4. Dahr Bottel Il-kin, male half-elf fighter
5. Fritz, male human cleric
6. Isaiah, male human cleric
7. Freyland, male gnome fighter
8. Ivar, male human Viking fighter
9. Eiowhah, male half-orc fighter
10. Vallessa, female elf archer/ranger
11. Dani, female half-elf fighter/magic-user
12. Floyd Osmosis, male half-orc fighter (and plumber)
13. Svien, male human Viking fighter
14. Gurth, male half-orc fighter
15. Bajorn/Sebastian, male human magic-user
16. Hiroshi Mitsubishi-Ming, male human magic-user
17. Qualtaqa, male centaur fighter
18. General Balkar Ironrod, male senile dwarf fighter
19. Drun, male dwarf fighter
20. M'Benga, male human druid
21. Callum Ian, male human cleric
22. Jamal, male human druid

pensiv

Explorer
Agemegos said:
Yeah, well, the context would naturally lead you to that conclusion. And it's not like 'PC' was used to refer to player characters before there were any personal computers, or anything. And who ever reads the first post in a poll thread before answering the poll?
However, I did not answer the poll according to my initial assumption because I did read the post.

The Goblin King

First Post
You mean we can't talk about our old computers? I have had a computer (no joke) as long as I can remember. This is due to my father who is also a computer hobbist. Whenever he got a new one I got the hand-me-downs. My first computer was a Vic 20. It used cassette tapes for memory. Then there was the Commodore 64. This one used cartridges for games but I also had 5 1/25" disk drive. I then moved up to an 8088. It had a 2400 baud modem which I discovered could reach something called a BBS. My love for CRPGs was born but it was not till much later that I would play pen-and-paper RPGs. Next came the 286, then the 486. The 486 had a much faster modem and I was introduced to something called the Internet. The upgrades come much faster now as I have learned to build my own boxes. I don't even remember them all but I currently have an intel 3.2ghz with 512megs of memory.

I am afraid I can only recall less then 5 of my Player Characters. This is mainly due to the fact that I have only once played in a game that lasted longer then 3 sessions. It seems like I am perpetually making new characters, many of which never even see play.

Elf Witch

First Post
I ahve been playing off and on since 1982 but I really stated playing about seven years ago. I can remember all my PCs and most of the rest of the party as well.

My very first character was an old DnD fighter who has horible rolled stats I named him Bunny Wigglesworth (from Zorro the gay blade) I did everyrhing in my power to get him killed and he would not die.

The Barroness a vampire superhero form Champions

Morgana human bard and Kyree half elf thief from Rune quest.

When I got active again around 1996 I played a crusader Brigette in a grayhawk campaign this was my first long running game that really gave me the gaming bug.

Then came Morrigan a cleric of Helm in Forgotten Realms followed by Lupe an Hermatic mage elf in Shadowrun.

Then came my favorite character so far and the best game I have ever played in to this date. Ariana Amastacia an elven sorceress I played her for three years the longest I have ever played a character.

Lisandra a wizard/sorcerer in a short run DnD game, Kalina a monk/assassin in a forgotten realms game. Dara in a Dragonlance game. Taryn Dundragon fighter heading for purple dragonknight in Forgotten Realms.

Lady Briana a bard in a PBEM game. Sasha Petrov in a Stargate game. Inala a healer type in a very short run hero system game and Alia a psionic tupe character in a total home brew setting, rules.

In our current Kalamar game I have played Mikayla ranger/fighter/rogue, Tan'Karra a half hobgoblin fighter, Helena a sorcerer with mainly necromantic spells (which does not work if you have a paladin in the party ;) ) Kia a rogue and now Inara a courtier/fighter.

And a character I made last night Amayrillis Greenbottle a ghostwise halfling rogue for a Forgotten Realms game.

drothgery

First Post
Hmmm...

My first character, a theif whose name I've forgotten.

Daffyd the human theif, Roderick the dwarf fighter/theif, Rohan the elf theif (swashbuckler kit), and Aran the human transmuter in one game (over four years) while I was in college.Sarril Illith the gnome illusionist/theif in a few one-shots with the same DM.

Alstari the variant half-elf theif (spy) and Kasedi the variant half-elf transmuter in another game (mostly the same people, different DM). Jonati the variant half-elf fighter/wizard, and Isharu the variant half-elf paladin have been in attempts at an online game since we graduated.

A couple of one-shot characters I don't remember.

Aerich the elf cleric, and my first 3e character. Jasin the human ranger/rogue. Patrick the fast hero/gunslinger. And I just rolled up Aral the human Kineticist yesterday.

Michael the fast hero/gunslinger in an online game.

So 14, or 11 if online-only characters don't count. And I think there's only one character I played more than once and forgot the name of.

haiiro

First Post
By name? Maybe 10. I can remember a lot about a few more than that, but not their names. ;)

I chalk this up to DMing a lot more than I play.

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
I voted 8-15, let's see if I was right:

Kaleon Moonshae (Human campire hunter), Kalen Kalevore (rakasta pirate), Jason Dinalty (gambit type psion), Jessica Dinalty (physlock type psion), Loc'iana Hawkwind (human ranger), L'ociana Hawkmoon (human druid), Kalev Darkwind (rakasta theif), Eriq Redfeather (halfling thief), Torg (Half-ogre cleric), Melani Geirwiel (human wizard), Pip (Half-Ogre bodyguard), Minoq (Half-ogre archer), Dorion Sunchild (werebear), Eyes of Frost (werebear), Korace Nightbreed (brujah vampire), Alice Silverchain (Glasswalker werewolf), Hudson Hauk (Ratkin), Billy Lee (half-demon demon hunter), Jason Musashi (werecat kinfolk stripper), Aldred Silverhair (werewolf), Johan Sebastian (shautenyeager), Kaleon Moonshaed (Mage/cennobite), Kaleon Dinalt (art theif), TrueNight (dr strange like super hero)

That's 24, more than I voted

Think that's it, but then Kaleon Moonshae (my penname long before I gamed) or some version has been the name of more than 15 characters, since I always liked doing a sort of Michael Moorcock eternal champion.

Last edited:

Yraen

First Post
Memorable Characters

I've been a GM/DM for most of my gaming life, so I actually remember more characters in my games than ones I've played...like the two dwarven brothers in WFRP who were running through the sewers of Bogenhafen carrying a door so that they could cross sewer pipes without getting dirty and smelly and wet; or (in the same adventure) the dwarf (one of the brothers) who engaged a daemon in conversation to prove that it was real and not an illusion.

But of the (few) characters I've played, my favorite was Rannos, the wizard, who was a nasty piece of work (and would've ended up like Raistlin if the game hadn't ended abruptly), killing Spugnoir the Sage in the Temple of Elemental Evil just coz he didn't like him and considered him a rival for all the magical kit we might've discovered.

Apart from him, most of my characters turn out to be quite tarty females or lecherous males, which my wife tells me is a result of me being tarty and lecherous, rather than the characters being tarty or lecherous :)

Remove ads