• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many undead can a this build control?

Drakeskull

First Post
How many build should a level 3 wiz level 3 cleric and level 3 true necromancer control. Using different spells and such. My player has created one and Its kinda boggleing me looking for all the little rules every where. If anyone is familiar with this could you help me out?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Assuming the character has Practiced Spellcaster : Cleric, his caster level for Necromancy is 10. Maybe he has Evil Domain. Then CL is 11. Now you can create and control up to 44 HD worth of undead monsters in total via Animate Dead Spell. Then he can Rebuke undead as a 6th-level cleric. Thus he can command up to 6 HD worth of undead monsters via that ability. Now 50 HD in total.

But there are various Items to increase CL, level for turning attempt, etc. So you may control more.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Krafen said:
I don't believe Practiced Spellcaster will raise your caster level higher than your hit dice.

It is somewhat unclear if various CL bonuses (such as bonuses from domain or True Necromancer class) are added before or after Practiced Spellcaster is applied.

I am assuming that at least CL bonuses which is applied only to specific school or or spells with certain descriptor are applied after the HD cap.

Remove ads