• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much do they cost.

jason_gosse

First Post
I want to have a spell cast on A pc and want to know how much it would cost to have it done.
1st level sor/wiz and then the 5th level Sor/Wiz spell permanency the Xp cost of the spell I want to have done is 500 xp.

So how much gp would it cost to have a sor/wiz cast this spell for me.

Darklone

jason_gosse

First Post
Darklone said:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#spellcastingAndServices

Take care, 500XPs is 2500gp and you cannot permanency all spells.

well this spell is in the list of spells that can be made permanent on other people. with the 500 exp cost.

so a 1st levl spell CL * 10 and for permancy cl * 50.
so i could go with a 10th level caster. thats 100 + 500 + 2500 = 3100
or i could go with a 20th level caster. thats 200 + 1000 + 2500 = 3700
Of course our Dm has a house rule that spells have no XP cost. so I may save 2500 gp on the cost or I may not.

Nail

First Post
jason_gosse said:
Of course our Dm has a house rule that spells have no XP cost.
That's....<ahem>...nice of him. Quick, get all the Permancied spells you can! Just go down the list.....

Seeten

First Post
my level 13 Necromancer/Pale Master had all the spells she could cast on the list permanencied as it was, Nail. Just imagine all the xp I'da kept if I didnt have to spend it!

jason_gosse

First Post
Nail said:
That's....<ahem>...nice of him. Quick, get all the Permancied spells you can! Just go down the list.....

Yeah but i like his thinking. Why should you get weaker for casting a spell? I will have a similar ruling in my game, but it will be to replace xp cost with material cost equaling the gp cost. So, for a spell that costs 1000 xp, use 5000 gp material instead.

Nail

First Post
jason_gosse said:
Yeah but i like his thinking. Why should you get weaker for casting a spell?
Because otherwise everyone and his brother's uncle will have Permanencied spells!

It's a balancing factor, plain and simple.

Nail

First Post
Seeten said:
my level 13 Necromancer/Pale Master had all the spells she could cast on the list permanencied as it was, Nail. Just imagine all the xp I'da kept if I didnt have to spend it!
No kidding.

My Clr 19 finally had the XP to burn to get a Permanent Arcane Eye and Tongues. Of course, that's also when I could bump the CL up by +10 to prevent Dispelling.

jason_gosse

First Post
Nail said:
Because otherwise everyone and his brother's uncle will have Permanencied spells!

It's a balancing factor, plain and simple.
and thats why I gave the secondary cost. You still have to pay about the same exsept now it's gp insted of xp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads