• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much gold do you have?

Terwox

First Post
In the game I DM, the PCs are level 3, and have precisely zero gold.

All items are crafted, found, or traded for.

But they, and all the npcs, just woke up on a blank world with amnesia, so hey, it's a bit different. :)

I really like it this way -- item creation comes from desynthesizing other items at half cost (ie getting half cost for an item when you sell it back...) or by using pieces of fallen enemies from their dreams, or their not-dreams. yepyep.

DiFier

First Post
My PC is 16th (almost 17th level) and has been 1450gp in debt for a long time. sure he has other things but the cash isn't coming in. His current mission is not one that will get him any gold (unless there is a surprise reward)

Galethorn

First Post
My group of level 2 PCs has about 4500 gold worth of trade bars, gems, silver, copper, and salt. There's (technically, but never at any one session) 10 pcs, so that's about half what they should have at that level.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
As of yesterday, my Planescape character (mid-8th) had 13,563 gp, 652 sp, and a few coppers. He keeps most of that in the bank in Sigil, carries about a grand in gp in his Heward's Handy Haversack (currently only 400, due to shopping in Broken Reach for potions and bribing a Marrenoloth), and about 60 or so sp in his purse, for buying dinner and such.

My Birthright character, a guild rogue, had a net worth that varied considerably. He often controlled hundreds of thousands of GP in assets and cash, though it wasn't his (since he was managing a kingdom's guilds for the regency alone). His personal fortune ranged from the negative (when he had to borrow from the guild to stay solvent, though he did repay that with interest), to the 500k or so GP. I got nervous whenever his cash on hand dropped below 150k towards the end, when we were 17th+ level.

My Star Wars character has something like 300k in credits, which he really can't spend. He's in that mid-point of not having enough money to be staggeringly rich, but where he's far from poor. There's just nothing that he needs or wants to buy.

Brad

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads