• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much money do plan on purchasing 4E/GSL products this year?

How much money do you plan spending on 4E/GSL products this year?

• $0

Votes: 106 47.5%
  • $20 - $100

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • $100 - $200

Votes: 46 20.6%
  • $300 - $500

Votes: 37 16.6%
  • $500 +

Votes: 13 5.8%

balard

Explorer
I plan to buy the PHB2, and both Eberron books, unless they are REALLY BAD. Maybe I'll buy the DMG2 and MM2, but it depends a lot.

Rechan

Adventurer
I really don't like people posting "$0 because I won't play 4e". I would have thought the poll is a measure of 'so, if you're playing 4e, how much cash are you spending?'. But it's getting overblown due to the non-4e players. When you do a poll saying "What flavor of ice cream do you like", it's not very useful when someone says "None, I like cake".

Not only that, but I think it's just rude. I'm not over on the 3e poll saying "None because I don't like 3e". No one over there wants to read that. It's not helping anyone. And it contributes to the air of edition rivalry.

It also takes away from those that are voting $0 for legitimate reasons - no money, they have what they need, no products currently slated they are seeking, etc.

Last edited:

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I really don't like people posting "$0 because I won't play 4e". I would have thought the poll is a measure of 'so, if you're playing 4e, how much cash are you spending?'. But it's getting overblown due to the non-4e players. When you do a poll saying "What flavor of ice cream do you like", it's not very useful when someone says "None, I like cake".

Not only that, but I think it's just rude. I'm not over on the 3e poll saying "None because I don't like 3e". No one over there wants to read that. It's not helping anyone. And it contributes to the air of edition rivalry.
Agreed, if you're not playing the game, the amount you're not spending is irrelevant. How much money am I spending on <insert game I don't like>? I guess I don't see the need to tweak people off by commenting.

--Steve

Starsunder

Explorer

Count me as agreed. I thought that the poll was pretty self-explainatory.

Last edited:

jgerman

First Post
Agreed, if you're not playing the game, the amount you're not spending is irrelevant. How much money am I spending on <insert game I don't like>? I guess I don't see the need to tweak people off by commenting.

--Steve

I wasn't going to say anything but you don't see that behavior on the 3E version of the thread. The people that say $0 seem to be pointing out that they have what they need from 3E not saying "I refuse to play 3E anymore". It's a little sad.

smdmcl

First Post
I choose the $100-200 option. It is possible that I will exceed $200 but I chose this option because there is a gap between $200 and $300 and there's little chance I will exceed $300.

Planned purchases:
PHB2
Arcane Power
Divine Power
Against the Giants
New miniature sets
Continued DDI subscription

P

PaulofCthulhu

The poll is open to all (pro/anti/neutral). It seems people are just adding additional comments on their choices (pro/anti/neutral).

I have the 4e DMG and it's all I need at the moment, others in our group have the PHB and friends have enough 4e scenarios already to keep going for some time (as they're interspersed with other games).

What interests me more these days are accessories/utiltities that have wider application (battlemats/minis/dice/maps/plans/handouts/props/audio etc).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads