• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much $ per month do you spend on Gaming?

How much per month do you spend on gaming?

• $0, I have everything I need and want for the time being.

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • $1 to $25

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • $26 to $50

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • $51 to $75

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • $76 to $100

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • $101 to $150

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • $151 to $200

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • $201 to $300

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • $301 to $500

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • $501+

Votes: 2 1.5%

T-Bone

First Post
I voted $101 to $150.

I subscribe to many of Paizo's rpg lines which nets between $60 to $120 per month. Plus I have been catching up on older paizo modules and campaign books at a slow pace.

Then there's the occassional D&D miniatures booster, or some new rpg accessory that I decide I MUST have. (damn you Dapper Devil!)

SoulsFury

Explorer
Most of my money these days is spent on printing character sheets. I go through a printer cartridge every couple of weeks. We only play 1 on 1 gaming normally, cause we can't find other players locally that actually show up so we easily do 6-8 encounters a session. Sometimes more since it is just the two of us. There are three characters and normally level every other session. We normally do a full module in a couple of sessions.

Jhaelen

First Post
Most of my money these days is spent on printing character sheets. I go through a printer cartridge every couple of weeks.
You're killing our forests! ;)

I rarely bother printing new character sheets just because I leveled up once or twice. Unless the character underwent significant changes, I'll just make the necessary adjustments by hand.

I voted $76-$100. However, as I am in Australia, my actual spending is a lot lumpier than that so that I minimise shipping costs. For example, I hadn't bought any gaming stuff for a couple of months, but I put in a $120 order at one of the Black Friday sales just on.

Overall it probably works out to around $1000 over the course of a year. I have noticed that, since 4E was released and I decided to stick with 3.5E (for now at least) what I spend my gaming money on has changed.

Previously my spending was on books and minis. Now my spending is on a few books to round out my 3.5E collection, any adventures (like the current Paizo AP) that grabs my attention, minis, dungeon tiles, soundtrack CD's (background music for the game) and Hirst Arts molds (to create terrain for the game). My spending on my other major hobby, Blood Bowl, has also gone up since I got of the D&D supplement treadmill.

Olaf the Stout

Edit: I forgo to mention that I also buy most of the Paranoia books released. That helps up my purchases, although they still remain very lumpy.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
It depends- on a month with no releases I'm interested in, it might only by my CS account here and DDI (which might be going soon), while a good month with multiple releases that I like might see me spend a couple hundred bucks.

S

Sunseeker

I'm an ebay fiend and a fairly frugal sort so my exepenes sit in the 20-50 a month block, though I'm usually getting stuff at a quarter or less MSRP.

Herschel

Adventurer
Probably $100, maybe $150. It depends on how you break it down. I game relatively close to work two nights a week, so I grab dinner out those nights. When possible, the SO joins me for dinner Thursday nights before her class. So dinner runs from $5 to $40, depending. My DDI account is steady, and I usually spend $10 - $30/week because I game mostly at game stores on smaller-yet-fun stuff. Add in books and minis when a release happens I want and it spikes.

Crazy Jerome

First Post
It's rare for me to spend more than $150 a year on gaming materials, especially in the last 5-6 years. I probably average around $10 a month (one book every 3-4 months). If you count in the books that are on gift lists, spent on my behalf, I still doubt it cracks $25 a month.

It definitely tapered off in my mid-30s. So I agree with the age assessment part. I'm still playing, but I'll never manage to use everything I have now, if I live to be 200. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads