• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much would this be worth?

Varius

First Post
I was just wondering how much you would sell this minor artifact for?

Condense 100' area to 20' area. Attacking one of the 5' squares (if using a grid system) results in attacking 1/4 of the 100' squares. ie 100 people are standing in a giant 100 foot area, 5 feet apart from each other. You condense it and attack one of the 4 squares that have been made. Now 25 people have been attacked, covering 1/4 of the 100 foot square

or

a 20' area to a 100' area for the opposite effect. ie extending a broken bridge, making a hole bigger etc

one of these can be used once per week

and

enlarge or reduce 1/day (or maybe and, not sure)

So, how much would you let something like this go for?

James McMurray

First Post
Well, I don't think I would sell it personally. Granted, its uses are kinda limited, but when they kick in they'd really kick in. How does attacking out of the condensed area work?

Varius

First Post
The DM didn't really explain how it works in detail, but it is probably one attack roll that is compared to multiple DCs

ie

5 people in area

you roll an attack roll lets say you get a 15

the ACs of the people are

so, anyone with 15 or less AC are hit.

Varius

First Post
50k? But it cannot be recreated, which would boost the price significantly. Also, it is part of something else, like a hand/eye of Vecna deal. You need both and it will be more powerful

Limper

First Post
Very odd item. I'd say more than 50k its ability isn't duplicated by anything I know of in the rules.

Shrink area 100 to 20, hit area with maximised empowered fireball then power word kill. Once a week you could break an army with it.

300k might be fair.

Crothian

First Post
Varius said:
50k? But it cannot be recreated, which would boost the price significantly. Also, it is part of something else, like a hand/eye of Vecna deal. You need both and it will be more powerful

The ability to not easily recreate it (it was built once, in theory it can be built again) was factored in. It's not that powerful and very limited: 1/week. There are many parts of this item that arten't included in the description, though. Is the effect automatic or is there a save? How long does it last?

The description specifically said attacking, nothing about spells. So, I was basing off of that. A better description might be helpful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads