• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much would you price this?

I have a group of four second level players that I encouraged to play the characters they wanted to play rather than filing traditional roles. As such, the group has no healer. To compensate I make sure to give the group access to healing while in cities as well as extra healing potions. However, I also wanted to give the group an option to clean up those minor wounds without having to burn a potion up so I created the following:

Missionary Balm - A magical enhanced alchemical Balm used by priests to heal minor injuries and afflictions on missionary excursions to disaster areas, battle fields, famine areas etc. A container contains 8 applications and heals 2hps of damage over the course of an hour period. A second application can be applied simultaneously although the effects are diluted. A double application provides 3hps of damage in 45 minutes. A triple application provides 3hps of damage in 30 minutes. There are no noticeable additional benefits from a quadruple or more application. A simultaneous heal check (DC15) increases the healing properties by 1hps.

So I have given my group a container of this to start off with, but I am trying to figure out how much to price it at in case they want to purchase some later. I am thinking about 40gps. So is that too much, too little? Curious what other people thought of it along with its usefulness?

palleomortis

First Post
Well i would say your aboute right there. I would only wind up buying about two or three of them, and other things would use healing postions. I would charge aboute 50 gold. As said befor, it is rather hard to abuse them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads