• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How often are you visiting the WoTC boards?

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Other than the Character Optimization Boards and link-backs from here I haven't been to the WoTC boards in at least a year. And even then I maybe visit the CO board like once a month or less. When it switches to 4e I won't be visiting it at all.

Soel

First Post
Used to go almost daily, but there just aren't a lot of reasons for me to go there now. Mainly went there for the fan-created content, which has subsided a lot since 4e's announcement.

Jhaelen

First Post
I used to go there daily to visit a variety of boards until the Gleemax disaster struck. I'm still visiting the 'Latest Releases' board out of habit and started visiting the Minis board when I got my DDM2.0 starter.

I no longer visit the site to discuss D&D topics. Currently, I vastly prefer ENworld for this.

mara

First Post
I used to look in occasionally, but I don't bother anymore. If anything truly important happens it'll show up somewhere else eventually.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
My feelings are pretty much the same as Tetsubo's. I used to visit the Mystara board several times a day, and pop into the other boards with regular frequency (if not quite as often). Since the announcement of 4E, I find myself going there very rarely, even to the Mystara board. It's not entirely due to the new system (which I am underwhelmed by), but it's a large part of the reason.

bento

Explorer
I was a long-time lurker, rare poster over there before the 4E announcement, maybe visiting once a week. Since last Fall this has dropped off to zero.

I don't know if this is from apathy or just finding boards like this, RPG.net, CV, and others to be more interesting.

Aeolius

Adventurer
When one now visits the D&D boards at wizards.com, you are thrown into the "D & D Previous Editions" forum. Excuse me, but it isn't June. 4e isn't out, yet. Jumping the gun, are we?

Tetsubo

First Post
Aeolius said:
When one now visits the D&D boards at wizards.com, you are thrown into the "D & D Previous Editions" forum. Excuse me, but it isn't June. 4e isn't out, yet. Jumping the gun, are we?

This somehow surprises you? Out with the old! In with the new! Shiny new things are *always* better.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Aeolius said:
Actually, I think it's a good move on their part.

From WotC's perspective, 4e is the current edition of D&D, and there's enough stuff out now that they're not wrong. It's a reasonable solution and the timing is fine.
-blarg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads