• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How often do sex and romance come up in your games?

I take it no one players evil characters/scoundrels then?

Another personality trait that tends to come through in characters. I find myself incapable of playing someone I dislike - and every "what is your alignment" quiz pegs me as LG. The rest of the group is similarly inclined.
When I GM, part of my game is that no one plays non-good alignment, and the group is fine with that. We usually have at least 1 paladinish sort as a PC.

Our main game is Champions and we play bronze or neo-silver in tone. Goody two shoes heroes fighting the good fight. We pretty much have the same approach in fantasy. :D

I played a character (in Champions) who after his home got blown up by bad guys, stole a bunch of money from ATMs to survive. He also smoked (which I don't) . I had to stop playing him because that was so far from me, I didn't enjoy him. That's how goody-two-shoes I am- that I couldn't connected with a guy who smoked and stole money to survive.

Cor Azer

First Post
They don't show up in every campaign, but there are usually at least undertones of romance and/or simple attraction at some point or another.

Janx

Hero
However it practically never happened that someone wanted to roleplay their PC's romance in detail, I think the reason being a combination of shyness, lack of interest, and difficulty.

that's probably a good categorization of why it doesn't happen for most players.

In 20 years, my group never does the romance thing. Nobody wooes anybody in character even.

Crothian

First Post
This stuff happens all the time in our games. Sometimes it is fade to black when characters need some private time but other times the romance does get role played out and it can get a little silly at times.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Almost every campaign, I ask for an NPC somewhere along the line that my PC can, off-camera, fall in love with. But I never see them. It just gets lost in the shuffle since I'm the only player in my group that tends to think about my PC's life outside of immediate gaming.

As a DM, I've never had a player ask for anything similar even though I'd oblige, though that's not surprising as it's the same group of folks. :p

Dark Mistress

First Post
Both always, i can't think of a single campaign where they didn't come up from time to time. Now it could be as simple as the rogue seducing the barmaid. Or as complex as a PC on PC love story that spanned over a year of RL time. They started out hating each other and ended up deeply in love.

But every campaign has had romance stories. In the current one 3 of PC's are all interested in the same NPC and are competing to gain her favor.

Just about every game session that is not about being in a dungeon or traveling to a location will have sex in it. Often it is the simple I try and seduce the barmaid level.

Dice4Hire

First Post
My group does not go there. It is too RL for us.

We do try to keep most RL hassles and other things out of our games by mutual consent.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Not a ton. Just in terms of group makeup, not enough gender diversity or character actors to make it work. It comes up every now and then that a character has a partner of some sort, but is not usually a big focus. Also, the typical save-the-world or other adventuring plots don't seem to facilitate romance unless the PCs are the ones doing it.

I try to be as uncensored and honest about the world as possible when it does come up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads