• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How often have you gamed in the past year?

How often on average have you played or GMed an RPG in the past year (choose closest answer)

• Average more than once a week

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Average once a week

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Average once every 2 weeks

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Average once every 3 weeks

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Average once a month

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Average once every other month

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Average once a quarter

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Average once every six months

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Average once a year

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I have not played an RPG in the past year

Votes: 4 4.0%

Once a week, alternating campaigns/games so whoever is GMing doesn't get fed up. There's occasional times when not everyone can get together, when those of us who do will usually find another game to play - often a board game, these days. I'm also in a tabletop wargaming group that meets every two weeks, and a couple of PbP games that happen daily, but I didn't include those in my answer.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Once per week online, once every three weeks in RL. That makes it once per week as per this poll. I do prefer RL gaming (sorry [MENTION=94712]Lindeloef[/MENTION]!), though, and from this persepctive, "once per week" doesn't sound correct.

Tuft

First Post
Let's see:
  • Playing Pathfinder regularly Wednesday evenings, "Skull and Shackles" AP.
  • Playing "Action!" (http://hastur.net/wiki/Action) regularly Saturday afternoon and evenings, "Curse of the Crimson Throne" AP.
  • GMing a very freeformish "Maid The RPG" regularly Sunday evenings, adventures written on the fly and top of my head.
  • Playing an occasional "Action!" campaign Thursday evenings when the mood strikes the GM, exploring the map and history of Greyhawk, also very freeform adventures.

It was once a month (sometimes we'd play twice a month, but then we might have a six week gap due to schedule issues), when I was just running 4E, but I've started a Shadowrun game which I run whenever people are around, and that's bringing it much closer to once a week, so I've gone with once every two weeks.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Your thread title and first post seem to be about RPGs, in general.

But the tag you used is "all D&D", and you put it in the D&D and Pathfinder forum.

If you decide you'd like to move this to the more general RPGs and tabletop forum, let me know and I'll slide it over.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I run a Deadlands game twice a month. For much of the past year I also played in a SWSE game that ran perhaps once a month. That ended, but i"m starting a Shadowrun game to replace it. here were also a few live-action games, a Spirit of the Century game that ran for six sessions, and soe house cons.

So, I'm aiming at three times a month or so. I answered, "twice a month," to account for the occasional missed session.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Unfortunately I've not found a group to game with in a few years. I think 2011 was the last time I had a group. Seems like it's much more difficult to find a group with an open seat these days, at least in central PA. :/

oxybe

Explorer
my frustrations and unresolved issues with my group's system of choice and campaign direction culminated with me leaving them upon completion of the adventure.

that was about seven months ago.

i decided to take the plunge once more, if only because i haven't had many opportunities to hang out with them since, and give the game one more try to see if can ignore/put aside my issues enough to actually have fun if not, i'll probably stop RPing altogether.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads