• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to make this work (timeline paradox)

Skead

First Post
I have a character named Onos, he is 23 and a human paladin. Lot's of good memories... including critical striking a vampire with a pickle :D

Either way, I'm playing this separate campaign but in the same world, it is about 1 year in the past of Onos. I'd really like to start playing Onos again because it's really what this current group needs.

What are my options? Wish? Time Travel? Any suggestions?

(Onos would be level 1 - 2ish in the current campaign and obviously can't level up more than his original level in the future... no?)

Thanks muchly!

darthkilmor

First Post
Skead said:
What are my options? Wish? Time Travel? Any suggestions?

(Onos would be level 1 - 2ish in the current campaign and obviously can't level up more than his original level in the future... no?)

Thanks muchly!

Maybe you're a magical duplicate of Onos.
Or Onos's twin brother.
Or a cursed doppleganger.
Or a level-drained Onos from the future.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
How about:

1) An Onos from an alternative Prime Material Plane who has somehow found his way to this new world.

2) A clone of Onos, created by an evil BBEG...who was rudely surprised when the Clone proved to be just as ethical as the original, and killed him upon awakening. (You can use permanent level drain or extreme luck to explain away why he isn't higher level than he is.)

3) A person who idolized Onos and who has taken extreme measures to look like him, hoping that he can add to Onos' legacy by acting like his hero. (The measures could be purely cosmetic and obvious if/when Onos and this second person are side by side, or they could be magical and thus indistinguishable- perhaps the person has Alter Self as a spell-like ability 1/day?)

4) A person who hated Onos and who has taken extreme measures to look like him, hoping that he can detract from Onos' legacy by acting unlike his nemesis.

5) Yoko Onos?

Darklone

Since this char happens to come from Onos past... why not his weapon master from the church? His teacher, mentor, uncle, whatever?

No magic involved and you can level him up as much as you want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads