How to punish players without killing their PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
This is the second time you have linked to this blog (this specific post in fact) and I am wondering what is you point here and why are you linking to an archive site and not the original blog? Is that you have a beef against the blogger?
Not saying that I blame you but why involve us?

As I see it there are a number of issues I have with the op:
Are you responding to the original tweet that the blogger is referring to here or are you taking issue with the blog response.

If the latter, the blogger, like in your previous thread Concerning optimised characters, is not responding to the issue at hand but mostly taking pot-shots at woke millennial snowflakes and other favourite targets. That blogger is not really worthy of discussion.

As for the original tweet, the DM in my opinion handled it wrong. There is little information and we do not know how the party got them selves into TPK territory (captured) in the first place. It is very clear that the DM and the player were not on the same page. If you want to run the Godfather and the player thinks he is playing John McClane there is a difference of expectations already and in my opinion the DM should have rolled with the players move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads