How to ruin a classic movie

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
:D

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Khan's final speech, "Captain Kirk...KISS MY GRITS!"

Conan: Q- "What is best, Conan?" A- "The first pee in the morning after a night of hard celebration."

Ryujin

Legend
You're definitely not the only one. I like it, but John Campea formerly of Collider Movie Talk has said several times that he didn't like it.

The original book it's based on was good, not great, and I have trouble understanding why people think that the movie is such a watershed. I can certainly watch it all the way through but, then again, I've done the same with "Plan 9 From Outer Space."

Jhaelen

First Post
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that movie. Never made it all the way through. It's just so boring!
What?! Welcome to my ignore list, you philistine!
Seriously, Bladerunner is my all-time favorite movie. The only movie I've watched more often is the first Alien movie. And "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick (my favorite author) on which the movie is (loosely!) based, is the only novel I've read more than twice.

What Bladerunner is not, and I think that's where many people's disappointment in the movie stems from, is an action movie.

Naturally, I'm a bit nervous about the remake... will it do the source material and the original movie justice?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Kevin Costner is...The Terminator.

Tomb Raider, starring Paris Hilton

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett starring in Pretty Woman

Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr are Mr. & Mrs Smith

Mmmmmmm...Jim Gaffigan as Emperor Palpatine, Brian Posehn as Vader, with Patton Oswalt as Han, Shaq as Chewshaqqa, Zach Galifianakis as Luke, and Sarah Silverman as Leia. Ken Jeong as a very special Lando Calrissian. Nick Cage will be Boba Fett. Of course, Benedict Cummerbatch will play C-3PO, with Kevin Hart as R2D2.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Mmmmmmm...Jim Gaffigan as Emperor Palpatine, Brian Posehn as Vader, with Patton Oswalt as Han, Shaq as Chewshaqqa, Zach Galifianakis as Luke, and Sarah Silverman as Leia. Ken Jeong as a very special Lando Calrissian. Nick Cage will be Boba Fett. Of course, Benedict Cummerbatch will play C-3PO, with Kevin Hart as R2D2.

Joan River, John Candy, and Mel Brooks are rolling over in their graves. Wait for it . . .

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd like to see Jeremy Irons as Emperor Palpatine. "Only now, at the end, do you understand the power of sarcasm!"

Not Irons, and not quite the quote.

You get someone known for slapstick- Jim Carey, maybe- and the line becomes "Only now, at the end, do you understand the power of The Farts!"

...which, working forward, let's Luke & Vwder have this exchange:
"Pull my finger, Luke!"
"No! Never!"

Remove ads