How will 4th affect your char?

Bhryn

First Post
"Mount Celestia is now floating in the Astral, with no big announcements on any changes"

...No one is pinning -that- one on Bhryn... NO one.

As for the changeover. Not happening. I spent too long putting together stuff in 3.whatever-number-they-finally-ended-on to go arsing around with it now. Not like it matters. You only chuck dice about in the tavern when in some kind of brawl situation, and generally we tend to let it flow rather than have a hissy fit over numbers. Right?

Well I mean, if you wanna have a hissy fit go ahead... just dont expect me to stick around, yawning, whilst you calculate what damage you get down to the last dice throw. By that time, Bhryn'll have wandered off and gotten into some kind of bar brawl/made everyone drunk/stolen Rajak's pants (they're worth ten gold!)

As for the settings, it's been point of fact that people have come from all times in all different settings. The planes are temporal as well. I'm sure it'll all work eventually. Time, and players, are flexible like that.

Imreis

First Post
Didnt even leave 3rd ed. Didnt want anything to do with the enforced 3.5 since half of Faerun was 3.0 and the other half was 3.5 and i wont touch 4.0 with a ten foot poll if i can help it.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
As has been mentioned - ISRP is free form. Like I said, some people don't even create characters or roll stats. Yes, some knowledge of D&D (of whatever version) is helpful for communication (Ruthia gave a good example of that), it's not essential.

So, it all boils down to whether or not you want 4e to affect your characters. If you do, fine. If you don't, that's fine as well.

Now, the setting changes are *major* from the sound of it, for Faerun and Sigil. And, that decision rests with the Magis. Of course, I'm sure they value input, given constructively.
Myself, I would prefer continuity, but, if the change is made to the setting(s), I can roll with it. Easy enough - suddenly the place is 104 years into the future? You don't want your character aged? Great - time warp them. Yesterday, the Rotunda was in the Waterdeep with which he or she is familiar. Today, he or she finds all these changes. Leads to potentially great dramatic role play. Though, it may get stale if everyone goes with the same idea. But, you see what I mean.
I don't know the settings of any of the rooms well enough to really be versed in a conversation about the area. That's why most of my characters are transplants - mostly from worlds I created. That way, the have a reason for not knowing.

It's role play, but we can roll with the punches. ;)

Draggy

First Post
I agree, 4e won't affect us unless you want it to affect your characters. I do hope that the Magi won't convert the settings, though.

Or at least leave Sigil alone! *clings to Planescape Sigil protectively* :uhoh:

And as for me personally, I'm another one of those who doesn't plan on touching 4e with a ten-foot-pole. WotC has really outdone themselves in sheer silliness and even stupidity on this one IMHO.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Draggy said:
Or at least leave Sigil alone! *clings to Planescape Sigil protectively* :uhoh:

*pries clutching hands away from the razorvine and offers cookie instead* No worries, the Sigil-based rooms here are NOT going to change. :)

Cashmere

First Post
I guess the whole thought that started all this was that I was re-working Cashmere here's character sheet and was pondering if I was playing her appropriate to the stats provided... I guess I'm just a little stand-offish to being pushed into a new system so I don't sound silly when she starts up her 'bardic song' ability and nobody knows what I'm talking about ^^;; it was a cool transition from AD&D to 3rd because I had built her for flavor in AD&D and she suddenly made sense in 3rd... got spells based off her charisma like it should've been all along... wondering if there's any indications that we were doing anything wrong in 3rd and such... I'm just feeling like I've never had to second guess myself until I heard about 4th... and the general feel I'm getting is that it's a little silly but we'll give it a shot... am I far off with this?

Draggy

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
*pries clutching hands away from the razorvine and offers cookie instead* No worries, the Sigil-based rooms here are NOT going to change. :)

You are officially my hero! I can die happily now :lol: *munches cookies* ^_^

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Cashmere said:
I guess the whole thought that started all this was that I was re-working Cashmere here's character sheet and was pondering if I was playing her appropriate to the stats provided... I guess I'm just a little stand-offish to being pushed into a new system so I don't sound silly when she starts up her 'bardic song' ability and nobody knows what I'm talking about ^^;; it was a cool transition from AD&D to 3rd because I had built her for flavor in AD&D and she suddenly made sense in 3rd... got spells based off her charisma like it should've been all along... wondering if there's any indications that we were doing anything wrong in 3rd and such... I'm just feeling like I've never had to second guess myself until I heard about 4th... and the general feel I'm getting is that it's a little silly but we'll give it a shot... am I far off with this?

I, myself, will give 4e a shot. The great thing about ISRP is that we're not tied to a system. If you look at the 4e rules and rework your character to match them, and it totally sucks, you don't have to use them. On the other hand, if it works even better, then you're off and running.

Magi_Siani

First Post
Just so folk know, the Greyhawk setting is not changing. At all. The Tavern setting has never cared what edition of what game your character is derived from, or if it is derived from any at all. The setting rules will remain as they are, 4e notwithstanding, and those rules still must be adhered to.

Technically, 4e pretty much kills the Greyhawk setting as nothing new is planned for it at all, in any way according to what we have been told. Only some die-hard fans of the setting will be producing things for it. As of May, Living Greyhawk is, or was, to be replaced with the new Living Realms campaign.

I'm one of those who is entirely disgusted with 4e. The Tavern setting is Greyhawk...but all it does it use the setting and its background and rules...it is entirely independent of edition or game of origin, if any.

Siani

Remove ads