• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How will you DDI

How will you Use DDI

• Reconnect with old group

Votes: 27 12.2%
  • Move current group onlineJ

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • oin a regular group with new (ddi) friends

Votes: 44 19.9%

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Use the tools to enhance PnP game

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Will play DDI, but not with 4E

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I am willing to DM on DDI

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • I wont use DDI

Votes: 104 47.1%

phil500

First Post
More than just checking off options, please explain what you expect from it.

Question: will wizards release official modules on DDI, or will DM's have to recreate them?

My concern: seems like it ignores too many features a computer can bring to DnD.

For example, why cant a player left click on a creature or square and then choose a power? DDI could roll, print out the results with a different display for the DM.

Would that save the DM a lot of busywork, or would that degenerate into people playing a crude MMO with a GM in the room?

I started a DnD group for some friends as a DM, am looking forward to playing online.

ki11erDM

Explorer
Dungeon adventures will be posted on DDI and all adventures in Dungeon will be ‘core’ which is supposed to mean ‘official’. They are supposedly going to put the maps into the Game Table. Will they? Will have to wait and see.

DDI is supposed to be a replacement for the kitchen table. If it is hugely successful will they do that other stuff? Maybe. But let’s see what they can do with, now very late, DDI. At best that would be in DDI2.0 or something.

As for what I plan on doing with it… I might DM premade Dungeon adventures but I know I wont be using it for any of my person stuff.

Traken

First Post
mattdm said:
I'm going to use the Dragon and Dungeon pdfs, but have no interest in the rest of it.

Ditto. I'll probably buy them if they offer compiled PDFs for relatively cheap. If they don't sell compiled version, or they're too expensive... forget paying for them.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Isn't this putting the cart before the vaporware? I'm not saying it won't happen... I'll just believe it when I see it and evaluate it on its own merits.

Jack Colby

First Post
Assuming it eventually materializes, I won't be paying for it. I might use the free utilities, though. I just don't need an online component to D&D.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I'd pay for the e-magazines if they keep the current release schedule and quality up. I wouldn't pay the full, bundled DDI price for them alone, but I'd still pay. I'm optimistic that they'll eventually get all of the promise functionality up and working someday; there's too much money already spent and too much money at stake given the apparent business plan.

Alvoros

First Post
Will most likely use the character generator, but also hope the dungeon map generator is good enough so I can use my notebook (and en external monitor for the players) to digitally map out things.

Totally depends on the end product.

Good product... I will use. Bad product....we remain PnP.

Tervin

First Post
I will go to DDI primarily for the magazines and some of the other tools, but if the gametable seems good enough, I will try it.

If I like it after trying, I will probably offer a campaign for old RP friends who have moved all around Europe - and might also try and find a new group to play with as well.

I hope that a good online tool could make it possible to get in at least one 2-3 hour session per week. Short sessions is what I think tools like that can be best for, as setup and startup time is so much shorter and there is no travel time to add.

Remove ads