• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How would you make dragonborn decended from Tiamat?

Thateous

Explorer
Sorry i suppose my original message lacked clarity. I'm asking if you would give special a special template to an NPC army of dragonborn who are direct descendants of tiamat.

Like random breath weapons or multicolored scales.

I'm well aware that as dm i can just wave dice bag and make it so.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rod Staffwand

aka Ermlaspur Flormbator
voltron-movie-giant-lion-robot.jpg

But with dragon heads...obviously...

Valetudo

Adventurer
Basically in my campaign , dragonborn where created by two drogons shapeshifting into a human oid form and then mating. So instead of getting half dragons wich need a true humanoid. They birthed tru blooded dragons in humanoid shape.

Green1

First Post
You do know that there can be more links in the descent chain than just PARENT ---> CHILD, right?

Yeah, I know.....

But... do not... disrupt my delusions :D I would get serious evil pleasure if someone wanted to play the offspring of a greater power :D

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Looking to make a dragonborn army who decended directly from Tiamat.
1. Any ideas come to mind of how you might accomplish this?

2. Has this been done before somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I was actually thinking about something along these lines earlier today. My initial idea is to make a kind of "Racial Path" that can be selected at 3rd level for the the classes that have class path's, and a sorcerer bloodline and cleric domain for those classes. Basically it would give you darkvision, then a recharge on your breath weapon, with a randomly selected breath weapon type each time it recharges. Then later it would give you wings, etc. And your scales would shift to reflect all the chromatic dragons.

Then I decided it would be way to complicated to come with a class specific "Clutch of Tiamat" path/domain/bloodline/totem/whatever for every single class. But doing it with feats just seems way too feat intensive, and a base race would be too powerful (or a pale shadow of what they should be).

S

Sunseeker

You could make them like Driders, worshippers of Tiamat that were warped into her image.

You could do it the old fashioned way. Ya know, Tiamat gets frisky and decides to do the horizontal tango with someone.

You could do it the classical mythology way: Tiamat got bored one day and decides to create life in her image.

It could be punitive: dragons that stood against her and lost were then devolved into dragonborn.

Remove ads