• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How would you rate your current campaign?

How would you rate your current campaign?

• 1 terrible.

Votes: 4 2.9%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 3 2.2%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 8 5.8%

Votes: 17 12.2%

Votes: 37 26.6%

Votes: 48 34.5%

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • 10 incredible

Votes: 11 7.9%

Berandor

lunatic
I voted 8, because there's always room for imporvement, and while we had a great, great fight against a BBEG last time (the players exahusted *all* resources!), one player left on a somewhat sour note (his character died due to a) a house rule he missed and b) because we all forgot to add the AC bonus the dwarf PC had against the (medium-size) giant - the character was killed by a crit on a cleave action).

But there's still a lot to come, and the story will deepen, and hopefully bodies will start piling up... did I just write that out? Damn.

But we're all haivng fun so far. Great fun.

Algolei

Explorer
My three campaigns right now are all around a 3. They're just interesting enough that I'd rather play them than set my shoes on fire and run screaming down the street.

My older 1E/2E campaigns were much more fulfilling. Hopefully we'll get back to them soon. All I need to do is kill off the PCs in horribly overpowered 3.5 ways. :D

Flyspeck23

First Post
I voted 6, as we've got too many players again.

Thinking of it, wasn't one of the reasons to start a second campaign, Eberron (the first is homebrew), for that very reason: to play with 4 players and 1 GM?
Somehow that didn't work :(

The few sessions with 3 or 4 players would've scored an 8, though.

Clint

Journeyman Linguist
I run a game for three players, one of whom is really ill. We wait for him to feel better before we continue playing, but his bouts of illness last for months. It's been over three months since we played, so it's difficult to say how we're doing. We're basically going to be restarting whenever he's feeling better, but we have no idea when that is.

Still, when we play, it's fun.

Kylearan

First Post
Well met!

I voted 8 as well, mainly due to the forgotten-rule-caused-a-pc-to-die-incindent and due to the fact that we can only meet once a month for about 6 hours. We're playing the Dungeon Shackled City Adventure Path, btw.
Berandor said:
I voted 8, because there's always room for imporvement, and while we had a great, great fight against a BBEG last time (the players exahusted *all* resources!), one player left on a somewhat sour note
Being one of the players, I have to contradict you here - I still have one or two cantrips left! (I'm playing an Abjurer level 3 with Int 18.)
But there's still a lot to come, and the story will deepen, and hopefully bodies will start piling up... did I just write that out? Damn.

But we're all haivng fun so far. Great fun.
Body piles. Shudder. Only have two replacement PCs at the moment ... But it's great fun indeed!

Kylearan

Chingerspy

First Post
I'm gonna give myself a 6. I'm running a Conan game and it got off to a bad start IMO as the adventure was poor. I'm trying to get my GM skills back and have already seen exponential results in the second session. This current story is made up from the Shadizar campaign and a bit of my own reshaping. The story is just a little too sick for both me and the player so its been changed just enough to be enjoyable for us. I hope the next session will be as or more enjoyable as the last. Then this score may rise another point!

diaglo

Adventurer
the 3.11ed for Workgroups campaign in my story hour is running around a 6 or 7. it was better last year. but we were playing on a more regular basis. and everyone was into the game.

the drop is due to player attrition. and the DM heading back into the real world.

so story continuity has suffered. and trying to get a session together has been sporadic. also the lvl increase has increased. so it is hard for me on believability. 2 days IC = 1 level vs. 2 months IC = 1 lvl.

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
Last campaign I did run: I voted 3. I honestly think my players would rate it 6. However, I had ambitious plan regarding this campaign ("Highlands") and it ended in a classical dungeon crawl with mis-matched characters, riduculous PC names, and frequent guest players resulting in absurd add-ons every two session or so. Players had fun but I was really dissatisfied with the overal result. Next campaign I will be much less tolerant of what sort of PCs can join, and how they are called. Also, it will be much better prepared (setting and adventures alike), probably using a great deal of published material (to change from tiresome homebrew writing and continuous improvisation).

Current campaign I play in: I would have much more fun if it was in my native language (I play with a group of american gamers in Paris; my spoken English is poor...), sessions were longer, and not half the session was spent on off-topic discussions. On the other hand, I appreciate the setting, which is a sober and traditional D&D setting, and PCs must have a nam approved by the DM.

Aeric

Explorer
I gave my RttToEE campaign a 5. There's no roleplaying to speak of, just one ridiculously long dungeon crawl that should have ended months ago, but at least nobody does any really stupid or annoying stuff anymore (we kicked one player for that and the other one has toned down considerably since he joined). It's kill the monster, loot the body, ID the magic items, divide the treasure, rest, repeat ad infinitum. But I still look forward to every session, if only because it means we'll be one session closer to the end, and I can take over as DM.

I'm not looking forward to breaking the newbies in the group of their bad hack-n-slash habits, though....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads