• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How would you stat out wing suits?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Thats insane.

Well.. AC wise I'd say about AC 0 or 1 (if its padded). They have a line which gives you some protection (basically knee, elbow, and shoulder pads and a small chest plate. I"ll give that an AC 1 (if its not also padded) or 2 (if padded).

I'm not sure about its top speed since using the suit basically amounts to either falling or gliding. So either way, I'm pretty sure landing will cause at least 2d6 damage (if you are not careful).

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Thats insane.

Well.. AC wise I'd say about AC 0 or 1 (if its padded). They have a line which gives you some protection (basically knee, elbow, and shoulder pads and a small chest plate. I"ll give that an AC 1 (if its not also padded) or 2 (if padded).

I'm not sure about its top speed since using the suit basically amounts to either falling or gliding. So either way, I'm pretty sure landing will cause at least 2d6 damage (if you are not careful).
I'd bet you're still going to hit the ground pretty close to the speed you would if you weren't wearing a flying squirrel suit. It's just base jumping with a bigger paddles than your hands would provide. The camera angles made it look like they weren't free-falling, but if that chute on their back doesn't open... :eek:

Nadaka

First Post
They probably won't hit the ground at terminal velocity if they use the squirrel suit to impair their speed. I would max the falling damage at ~ 15d6 instead of 20d6. They will still probably be doing better than 100 MPH, and it looked kinda like they could do an angle a bit shallower than 45 degrees. But some hard numbers would probably be more useful.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
20d6 max falling damage, but make the last 1d6 nonlethal. But only if they fall farther than 100ft. Reflex save, DC 10 + [ 20 - (number of d6's they'd take falling normally)] to hit the square they want to splatter into. ;)

Can move horizontally in any direction 1 square for each 5 fallen. Plus Reflex save as above, and use grenade-like object scatter.

Oh, and 3/4 movement from impairing fin thingies on their feet. No armor bonus, unless you count helmets...can't remember if d20 Modern does that.

Remove ads