• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Sure Systole go ahead.

And SJ normally an LPF game is short enough not to need an OOC thread. You sure can make on if you wish but you may get little use out of it.

[/sblock]

PolterGhost

First Post
Ember, Human Fighter 1

Following the path laid by the crossbowman, the man with fiery hair followed the group of adventure seekers into the temple. It was awkward trying to sit- he had to pull off his backpack, a shovel and cord of rope amongst other tools strapped to its front, and place it upon the floor, then unstrap the burdening shield off from his back. Letting the shield lean against him, the man sat down next to Darreo.

Though generally unremarkable, the shield had its own past told by the numerous scratches and gauges in its lacquered face. It hadn't belonged to the man in combat- it belonged to a fallen friend who bequeathed it to him. In fact, the man hadn't actually seen a real battle before, just the mock sessions in daily training to warm up. He was more of a peacekeeper than anything else, which was half the reason he took up this new career in the first place. If anything, the Rornian colors he bore upon his shield were to serve more as a reminder of what reality could be like with the wrong people in power and the downtrodden left to revolt in anarchy.

The red head's eyes intensely scanned the persons seated around him: An elf with hygienic issues; an attractive, if yet a bit unkempt, man in a cloak; a tall man in a longcoat, seemingly reserved; a well-worn man who sat apart from everyone else, mystifying equipment at his side; and the man with the bowgun that the flame-topped man sat next to.

[Knowledge Check: Failed]
Not even from his itinerary in the army could the man recall any wolf-headed gods like the one to whom this temple was devoted to. While he waited for matters to pick up, the red head spied upon his surroundings, in an attempt to spot anything out of the ordinary in the room.

Last edited:

SJRSamurai

First Post
The man who stands before you clears his throat as he looks at all of you with an appraising eye"As most of you already know, the clergy of the Flame Wolf is tasked with the protection of those who cannot defend themselves. This is the main reason why the temple is located within the poorest and most crime-ridden district of Venza. Recently a new pesh trade has started in the planks, we have tackled it head on, since this new pesh is modified from the regular variant that you may know. A few days ago three of the clergy's members have gone missing while patrolling for that exact reason." He stops looking at all of you, making sure everyone understood him.

"I'd like you to find those missing men or their personal effects should the worst have happened. For that the church is ready to give you 2000 gp upon completion of your mission. As a bonus should you shut down the new Pesh trade, I'm allowed to grant you 1000 gp more. Of course everything that you find except for those items that I previously mentionned are yours for the keeping." says the man in a booming voice.

Folding his arms over his chest, the cleric looks at you, awaiting replies or questions.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Not sure I can make any promises about being able to bring down an entire black market industry, but the offer seems more than reasonable for tracking down your lost friends," Nathan offers up. "I'm assuming you'll be good enough to share what information you already have?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo - human male crossbowman 2

Darreo nods to the "man with fiery hair" as he enters, glad to have another strong arm aboard.

After the brief overview a hundred questions jump to mind but he decides not to speak up yet. Nathan seems like a more likable sort and Darreo would be just fine to asks after more details are offered by the priests of the Flame Wolf.

Systole

First Post
Daylily notes with approval that the spirit seer Nathan is asking questions of the oracle of the Sun Wolf. Clearly, this talk is the business of elders, and little brother seems to be carrying himself well, so there is nothing that a young warrior such as Daylily need concern himself with at the moment. He relaxes, leans back, and closes his eyes.

SJRSamurai

First Post
"Not sure I can make any promises about being able to bring down an entire black market industry, but the offer seems more than reasonable for tracking down your lost friends," Nathan offers up. "I'm assuming you'll be good enough to share what information you already have?"

The cleric nods and smiles:"Yes I understand the importance of not making promises that one is not sure to keep, yet the bonus still stands should you manage it. As for information, our leads all point to the Kraken gang of the planks. This bunch of misguided younths is mixed up in the Pesh trade up to it's neck, all three vanished men where investigating the Fair Lass brothel right here in Rannachio, an establishment where many Krakens visit frequently, alchemical reports on the new pesh are also available and you may benefit from the patrol routes of the men, I'll go get them, it shall give you time to talk amongst yourselves." says the cleric as he turns and leaves through a side door.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

The cleric nods and smiles:"Yes I understand the importance of not making promises that one is not sure to keep, yet the bonus still stands should you manage it. As for information, our leads all point to the Kraken gang of the planks. This bunch of misguided younths is mixed up in the Pesh trade up to it's neck, all three vanished men where investigating the Fair Lass brothel right here in Rannachio, an establishment where many Krakens visit frequently, alchemical reports on the new pesh are also available and you may benefit from the patrol routes of the men, I'll go get them, it shall give you time to talk amongst yourselves." says the cleric as he turns and leaves through a side door.

"Brothel?" Nathan whispers as the priest leaves, then he sighs. "Well, at least Alnar isn't around to get himself in trouble, I suppose."

When the priest is out of sight, Nathan stands and turns to Daylily, hand over his own nose. "Okay, first thing's first, er, big brother. The spirits and I were talking, and there's probably some camouflage use for it outside the city, but in here, we're going to need you clean and scent-free, so..."

Nathan points at Daylily, moving head to toe, and so the pointing goes, so goes an instant cleaning of the barbarian's hair, face, and clothing. He's still plenty ratty, but the smell and the rat gore (and their accompanying smell), are all gone.

The sorcerer smiles in satisfaction, then frowns and turns upward to argue with someone not there. "Oh, please, you'll be fine, and you know it was bothering you just as much as me. Yes, I did have to. Remember the hand shake?"

OOC: prestidigitation to clean. :)

Systole

First Post
When Nathan addresses Daylily, the barbarian opens an eye, curiously. As the cleaning begins, his expression rapidly changes from confused, to surprised, to terrified. He jumps to his feet, and begins running around wildly, beating at his clothes as though they were on fire, and screaming "NONONONONONONO! IS NOT TO GIVING BATH! BATH IS NOT HYGIENE! IS WILL MAKING ME SICK! IS MAKE STOP! IS MAKE STOP! IS NOT HYGIEEEEEEEEEEENE!"

During his wild charge, he practically bowls over anyone not able to get out of the way in time, and attempts to hurdle several pews -- with mixed results. He ends up prone at the feet of the priest and continues writhing around slapping his clothes, before he finally realizes that the cleaning is over and gradually comes to a stop. He looks up into the face of the priest, who is peering down at him with some disapproval.

Sheepish for showing such fear in front of a representative of the Sun Wolf, Daylily picks himself up, moves back toward the pews, and sits back down. However, the seat he now chooses is several paces away from Nathan, presumably so that he can get a running start next time Nathan calls the spirits.

Over the next few minutes, Daylily checks his various body parts for their proper odors, and shoots a dark look toward Nathan every time he finds it missing.

Remove ads